Chapter 38 - Family Movie Night

Steve's POV

Nat and I walked all the way back to the tower, hand in hand, only letting go when we got within a block of it. 

"I wish I didn't have to let go." Nat mumbled quietly and I smirked. 

"We don't have to if we come clean to the rest of the team..." I suggested carefully, trying to gauge how she would react to it. She had been the one that had made it clear that she wasn't comfortable with telling the team until she was more comfortable with our relationship. 

"At first, I was trying to get used to our relationship, you know that I haven't had a successful one before now. But, I think- I think that I am ready to tell the team. I want to be able to be with you whenever I want without the scrutiny from the rest of the Avengers." She said and I gave her a wide smile. 

"Well, how about this... we tell the team whenever it feels right over the next couple of days, are you ok with telling them all at once?" I asked her and she hummed, considering it. 

"I think we should tell them all at once, they all suck at keeping secrets and it will only make the whole thing worse if it gets out before we tell the rest of them." She murmured as we stepped inside the building. 

I nodded in response as we made our way over the elevator and got in, heading straight for our rooms. If what Tony said was true about a surprise for us, I didn't particular feel like turning up to the common room in funeral attire. 

I gave Nat a quick hug before leaving to go and get changed, agreeing that I would go over to her room once I was finished. 

That's what I did. 10 minutes later, I was standing outside her door, knocking. I heard a muffled 'come in' and as I walked in, I realised that Natasha was still in the shower. The very thought made me blush... 

NO! Steve what the hell!? I have never had those thoughts about someone before, ever, not even with Peggy! I needed to get a grip! I mentally slapped myself and tried to keep myself busy getting a glass of water from her kitchen to pass the time. 

5 minutes later she exited the bathroom, wearing a pair of tight leggings and a loose tank top. I cleared my throat as she entered, trying to ignore the mess of thoughts that were swirling in my head. 

"You ready to go soldier?" She asked me as she made her way over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Of course." I weakly replied and we walked out of her apartment, toward the elevator. 

"Is something wrong Steve? You have been very quiet the last few minutes." She asked as we stepped in. 

I shook my head and she raised an eyebrow, but I looked away. I just really needed to set my thoughts straight, and the beautiful girl standing next to me was no help. 

The elevator dinged and we stepped out into the common room . 

"This conversation isn't over Steve." She whispered and I swallowed, nodding ever so slightly. I glanced around the room and took in the sight. 

The rest of the Avengers were all sitting on the couch, or getting drinks and popcorn? 

"Oi Red, Capsicle! We are having a family movie marathon, hurry up and get down here!" Tony called, from his spot on the couch. I glanced at Nat briefly and then followed Tony's orders, sitting down on the couch and Nat plopped down beside me. 

Bruce and Clint came back to join us, taking the beanbags, theirs hands laden with buckets of popcorn and soft drink. The popcorn was quickly distributed and the debate for the movie started.