2 | family

Anastasia Waters POV

The bright sunlight of California shone through the sheer ivory curtains as I groaned. Normally I would wake up at 1 pm cause I don't have much to do unless I'm out of state. Or I'd wake up really early if I end up having a nightmare.

I was somewhat surprised when I woke up considering I was in a comfortable hotel bed and it was at 9 am. The problem is that normally, without my sleeping medication, I can't go to sleep in peace. I have horrible nightmares and need to call Maxim or Parker to calm me down.

A small smile appears on my face, remembering the previous events as I get up so quickly and rush to the small white detailed bathroom to find a small first-aid kit and use it to check up on my few wounds, old and new. When I was younger, one of my wounds led to me getting an infection and those suck ass, so I just learned hoe to not get them infected.

After I'm done cleaning up, I try to look for my phone, wanting to turn on some music but I sadly came to the realization that my phone had no charging.

Fuck my life.

I groaned loudly, grabbing my black distressed jeans and changing after taking a short hot shower. I sigh as I go back on the twin sized bed, thinking of how I could get my hands on a phone charger cause I can't live without the 'arctic monkeys' and 'the neighborhood'.

A few minutes later, I hear a small, faint knock on the mahogany wood door.

I groan again, getting my ass off the bed and open the small door. I look down to see Officer Abadi that took me here and was at the crime scene, with Dunkin' in her hands and a smile way to large for my situation.

"Here, I got some food for you before we head back to the station for the results of your DNA test." She explains as she hands me a bagel with a iced coffee.

I mutter a 'thanks' and take it and eat the bagel and drink the coffee as she talks about her wife and kids.

Yes, I am keeping up the shy innocent act, cause why not?

We head to the station in her car and wait for the doctor come to us.

The doctor marches in, smiling as he sees me. "Good news, we checked the system and found your brothers and father."

what?

"What?" I whisper, "I was told they died," disbelief clear on my face, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, they aren't and they agreed to take you in," The doctor says as he swipes his hands through his hair, looking at the paper then me again.

Oh my fucking god, they aren't fucking dead? did they not want me? is that why I got stuck with those bastards that fucking abused me.

I plaster a fake smile, not wanting to talk again. Knowing I won't have to ever be abused by my aunt and uncle again and I get to see my brothers and parents again.

That's a good thing right?

"Your father should be here in a few hours, sweetie." Officer Abadi says as she returns into the room, sitting in her black swirling chair.

Fucking great

-

Alexander Kingsley POV

Taking a break from my paperwork for the mafia, I sigh and grab the short glass of whiskey that's practically calling my name.

Suddenly, the phone on my desk starts to ring. I release a heavy sigh, deciding whether to answer or decline the unknown call but my gut says to answer.

My gut is never wrong.

"Hello? Is this Alexander Kingsley?" A feminine voice asks, a slight accent that I can't quite pinpoint.

"This is he. Speak." I reply monotonously, already regretting picking up the phone.

I'm sleepy.

"This is the police station from California. There was an accident with John and Lilly Waters and now Anastasia Adessa Dawn Waters is in the Foster care system, but you are her biological father so we were asking if you would like custody of her?"

My cup is now on the floor.

Shattered glass near my shoes.

Tears welling up in my eyes.

I can't believe I can finally have my baby daughter back.

Maybe this is another false call?

"If this is a fucking prank hang up now or it will be way worse." I threatened, annoyed by the amount of actual people that have ended up six feet under because of something like this.

"Sorry sir, but this is an actual situation. So, would you like custody of Anastasia Waters?" She asks again, confusion clear in her voice.

"Yes," I instantly answer, nothing in my voice giving away how I feel at all, even if inside I'm the happiest man ever.

Lila, we might have our baby back.

"Thank you, sir. I will the email all of the paper work for legalizing your guardianship over your daughter and you can come anytime, that depends on you and your schedule and the plane flight."

"Okay, thank you. Please send the paperwork as fast as possible." I replied in the same tone.

I turn off the phone call and get the paper work done as fast as humanly possible and I made sure to inform the main pilot to get ready for California.

I finally have my daughter back.

AN

My little brother is such a bitch. He took my phone and DMed Dylan O'Brien on Instagram that he loves Dylan and that he's sorry he had to kiss Holland Roden.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed!

Have a nice day!

And make sure your younger siblings don't DM your celebrity crushes!

Or older.