11 | aftermath

Anastasia Kingsley POV

The sound of an alarm clock woke me up.

Who the fuck even turned it on? Isn't it Saturday?

I groaned as I rolled over and pressed the stop button.

I've learned from my millions of times of pressing the ugly ass 'snooze' button and then jumping out of my shower when it loudly blares.

I rubbed my eyes as I covered the yawn that escaped my mouth.

I hate my life.

I was just happy that when I woke up I didn't have a hangover because I only had a few drinks.

Thankfully, hanging around my idiot best friends for most of my life, I had a higher tolerance than most people my age.

The idiots started drinking when they were only 12, me being smarter than them told them not to, but when do they ever listen?

-

"Come on, Ana! It's just a sip. We aren't like Rocket."

Rocket was a man who taught us how to do some basic fighting and like most thirty year old motorcycle dudes, he was spending most of his time at the bar, drinking, fighting and playing pool.

"You my idiot friend, are twelve years old. I don't care if it's a sip. It can mess with your brain damage. Haven't you seen it on the internet? I really don't think that should happen considering your stupider than my mother fucking left thumb." I spat as Parker and Max shrugged.

"They say you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet," Parker smirked as he shook the beer bottle.

"There is literal evidence. From studies. From actual scientists. Plus, what if your biological parents were addicts. That can probably kill you."

"I doesn't matter. We're trying it." Max folded his arms as he stuck out his tongue.

"No. You aren't. Parker give that to me right now." I said as Max practically tackled me, Parker running to the other side to the apartment.

"It's bad for your brain! Don't drink it! It'll make you dumber than you already are, dumbass."

Parker smirked as he took a sip, shaking his and sticking his tongue out as if he didn't like it.

Idiot.

"Ugh. It's bad but it doesn't hurt my throat as much as I thought it would." He sighed as he took another sip. "Want a sip, grandma?"