Returning to the manor (y6)

It's the 20th of December and the day we travel back home for Christmas. Draco said that they won't let me go back to the weasleys for Christmas and that they 'specifically requested' that I return for the holidays.

My stomach churned with nerves as I stared at my breakfast.

"Y/n look at this" Ginny said spreading the quibbler infront of me.

I skimmed over the paragraphs.

Harry Potter - other wise known as the chosen one - still manages to outwit the ministry and slip through the fingers of Voldemort's death eaters.

I looked up at ginny in shock.

"He - he wrote his name"

"I know keep reading"

As far as we know he is still continuing to fight for the muggles and wizarding community alike, so there is still hope for the future, whilst the ministry waste there time fumbling about under the control of lord Voldemort and his followers.

My jaw dropped as I continued to read the article.

The ministry has been tracking down muggle borns as well as those who cannot trace their  lineage past three generations. If you meet this criteria please take your family and go into hiding or leave the country if possible. Our sources aren't clear but from what we've heard the ministry is suspending wands of those listed previously.

"He's playing a dangerous game gin, is Luna alright?"

I looked behind me to find her table. She sat unbothered chatting to the nearest person about who knows what.

"She seems fine" Ginny replied.

"They're not going to let him publish anything else in the best case scenario" I said to Ginny

"I know but at least he got a warning out- hopefully he has a plan to keep him and Luna safe"

"Are you going to touch your food at all?"  Neville questioned as he sat down.

" I don't think I can" I pushed the food away.

"Why ?what's wrong ?" Ginny joined the conversation moving her eyes from the magazine.

"Just nerves I guess - I don't want to go back" I moaned.

"It's going to be alright- just two weeks- Draco said you guys can just stay in your room right ?"

"Yeah but nothings ever that simple at Malfoy manor" I glanced towards Draco who had an emotionless expression as Pansey and Blaise engaged in an intense conversation around him.

Me and Ginny left shortly after to get our things and go to the train.

We found an empty cabin and sat down.

"Oh before I forget" I reached in my bag and pulled ginnys present out which was neatly wrapped.

"No way thank you so much"

"Don't open it till Christmas"

" I'll try" she gave me a mischievous look.

The door slid open and neville and Luna joined us.

"The trains busier than normal" neville said.