Without you?(y6)

"Are you ready to go ?"

"Yeah I guess" I looked back at the room I spent most my time in these past couple years.

"So much has happened here"I mumbled.

"Don't tell me your going to miss this place ?"

" definitely not - it just feels weird leaving it"

"Every ending has a new beginning"

"You sound like dumbledore" I laughed making the air go stale as I realised what I said.

"Sorry" I whispered as I picked up my stuff.

" it's fine"he huffed.

We walked outside and loaded our stuff in the carriage then went to say goodbye to narcissa who was the only one waiting for us.

Draco hugged her then whispered something in her ear that I couldn't make out.

Then I went in for my hug I squeezed her tight as I shut my eyes so tears wouldn't start rolling down.

"Thank you for everything"

"Please dear your my daughter in law I would do anything to help"

"Your more of a mother than mine ever was...and this kid will be lucky to have you as a grandmother " I smiled whilst a small sniff escaped.

I opened my eyes and saw bellatrix watching us from a distance - out of ear reach but just close enough to give me her deadly glare which spoke louder than words. ' this isn't over ' - I put her in bad terms with Voldemort, made her lose her wand and she would never let me forget.

Suddenly the screech of an owl snapped my mind into focus as I broke the hug with narcissa. It landed on Draco's arm and he took the letter attached to its leg letting it fly away again.

"It's for you " my heart dropped what news couldn't wait till Hogwarts

Dear y/n,

I'm so sorry I had to send this on short notice please burn this letter after reading it. I'm not returning to hogwarts. My family are going into hiding because of R as you probably know. I can't say much. Stay safe and stay close to Draco he's the only one who can help.

Good luck I miss you
G

It was very vague for her own protection but I knew it was Ginny by her handwriting. I felt a tear drip onto the paper and I quickly wiped my eyes and stuffed it in my pocket.

"What is it dear ?"

" nothing just some homework I forgot about"I scrunched the paper in my pocket.

I could tell she didn't believe me but she gave me an assuring nod anyways.

"I wish you all the best"

" thank you" i murmured as I climbed in the carriage followed by Draco.

He waited fir it to start moving before he asked me about it.

"What does it say?"

" she- Ginnys not coming back to Hogwarts" my voice cracked. I couldn't let this break me. I focused on the fact that Harry was still out there. Luna and dean were safe. And so was Ginny.

" because -"

"Yeah - can you just burn it" I pulled out the paper and put it in his hand.

He let it burn slowly mid air. I watched as it burnt her words staring straight at me .

'Stay safe'

Im trying was all I thought.

We walked solemnly to the train station where we split up. I made my way to Luna and sat in the peaceful silence.

"Did she send you a letter too ?" Luna inquired to which I responded with a simple nod.

"How are we going to make it through the rest of the year?"I asked.

" I guess we'll see" she smiled gripping my hand.

An hour into the trip I received a letter through another student.

Y/n
Please come to the hospital wing at your nearest convenience for a check up
Madam pomfrey

We arrived at the gate together I half expected to see Seamus waiting for us there. We travelled further to our dorms but he wasn't there either.

"He's probably in the great hall waiting for us there" Luna said hopefully.

I followed behind her to the hall but we were stopped just before we could get to the doors by the carrows.

" last I heard you were locked in the Malfoys dungeon" Alecto said first.

"They let her go" I spoke up.

"That's not what we heard" Amycus responded as they pulled they're wands out in unison.

I had to think fast. There wasn't much time. I put my hand in my pocket gripping the Peruvian instant darkness powder. I threw it in the air then gripped Lunas  shoulder.

"Get to Neville. Now" I pushed her in the right direction

" flippendo" I muttered under my breathe making one of them trip over.

The darkness began to fade and I saw amycus on the floor.

"Where did she go?" Alecto asked.

I put on my innocent clueless face as I responded

"I don't know , I couldn't see anything after she threw the powder in the air"

"You expect us to believe that" she spat pushing me against the wall.

"Believe it or not it's the truth" I said with conviction.

"Let's go she can't have gotten far" amycus grabbed his sister.

They wouldn't catch her she's probably already outside the room of requirements.

I walked into the great hall as if nothing had happed only to realise i had no one to sit next to. Seamus wasn't there. Neither was Luna now , Ginny, neville..... no one.

At least I know they're safe I reminded myself.
Seamus was probably with neville, which means something must have happened during the holidays.

I looked along my emptying table of lower years and a few older kids.

I'm the only one who can help them now