The battle of the tower (y5)

The past month flashed by. Draco kept his mysterious act up and I only ever saw him during our 2 hours. But I kept my focus on the owls. I spent most my time in the library with Ginny or outside by the lake after tests.

I abused my freedom as much as possible I'd go see Hagrid chill by the lake. I was on my way to dinner when I was stopped by Snape who gave me a letter from Dumbledore asking if I could go to his office.

I went and knocked on his door.

" yes come in ms y/l/n" his quite voice calmly whispered.

I walked in and saw his hand that was going black but tried not to draw attention to it.

" hi you wanted to see me sir"

" yes please take a seat help yourself to some snapping liqourish"

" I'm ok" I smiled.

" I'm sure your wandering why I've asked you to come? I wanted to gift you some of my old books I thought you'd enjoy them"

He handed me an old cover of advanced defence against the dark arts and I opened it it was covered in scribbles and writing.

" I thought it could come in handy it has some of my old notes from back when I was young and trying to figure it out " he chuckled. 

"Its meant for newt level but I think you can handle it I've also got some others I'd like to leave with you ancient magic, advanced charms , transfiguration and potions"

"Thanks you so much I don't know what to say"

" don't worry ms y/l/n I just hope it helps keep you safe - I know this past year has been tough and I wish I could say things are going to get better but I'm afraid this is only the beginning "

I smile slightly then look down at my book.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me ?"

" it um it's about Draco"

" ahh mr Malfoy"

" yeah I think somethings going on he's not sleeping he's always on edge - I - I think he's hiding something big"

"Don't worry I assure I have kept a particularly close eye on him this year. Mr Malfoy is a good kid he's just lost and being tainted with poisoned , I hope I can trust you to keep him on the right track"

" he doesn't listen to me I don't think I can help him"

" mr Malfoy has good in him in his heart but he's often mislead by other people. I'm sure given time you'll be able to help him where people have let him down"

" I'll try but I think it might be too late " I said as I got out my chair.

" it's never too late to make the right choice"

there was a knock at the door.

" one minute mr potter"

" one of the hardest things a person can do is to forgive and y/n - I hope you find the strength in your heart to forgive him for the mistakes he's made in the past and the mistakes he'll come to make because sometimes the smallest acts of love and forgiveness  can  change a person"

I gave him a smile before walking out and giving Harry a slight head nod.

I walked toward my dorm as dinner had ended who knows how long ago.

I walked in and saw Draco was there pacing around the common room which was nearly empty cos most people had gone bed.

" your late"