Summer - part 1 (y1)

When I got off the train I was greeted with a man my parents hired to pick me up . The journey was long and cold but I finally reached my even colder house. My knocking echoed through the house , until my mum finally opened the door .

" good afternoon ,I trust your journey was enjoyable " she said to me very formally and resentfully as if I were an unwanted guest.

" yes it was , thank you mother "

" glad to hear you didn't leave your manners at Hogwarts along with our untarnished family name "
I kept quiet.

"Now , up to your room and unpack . dinner should be ready soon"

"Where's father can't I say hi?"

"He's in the study, very busy "

I slowly crawled up the stairs with my case and unpacked everything. Sitting on my bed I wondered what my father was doing in the study because he hates working in there. This thought bounced around my head till  I finally gave in and silently crawled downstairs. Stepping in the right position for each step , which I mastered when sneaking to the kitchen over the years. I peaked through the key whole to see my father sitting in his leather chair facing the long blonde hair of Lucius malfoy on the other side of his wooden desk. I was interrupted by a shock of pain starting from my  ear I looked up to see my mum .

"Ow ow ouch " I repeated staring at her as she dragged me to the kitchen and let go of my now sore ear

" y/n what were you thinking? it's Hogwarts and that gryffindor house ,letting you think that sneaking around and spying on your father is ok

"I wanted to yell at her but I knew the consequences would be bad

" you should be ashamed of yourself"
I looked at my feet to avoid her gaze

" I'm sorry , but wasn't that Lucius malfoy ?"

" yes and to what concern is that to you ?"

" mum I think he supports you-know-who ,he planted  a book on my friend Ginny which-"
" Ginny Weasley? "

she could tell the answer from my long pause

"I don't know what to do with you anymore , your disgraceful, disrespectful and apparently don't even care about your family name at all anymore since your prancing around Hogwarts halls holding hands with mudbloods and blood traitors"

I was overcome with fear as I continued to stare at my feet
"Look at me when I'm talking to you or are you going to deny me the simplest bit of respect " 

I looked up at her but as I did I heard the slam of a door and another open.
" Lucius going already"

"I'm sorry Vivian I would love to stay but Draco's just got back and narcissa insists I come home for dinner "

" goodbye Vivian , goodbye y/n, I trust I'll see you soon ".