Saturday morning (y5)

The first week went by very slowly.

I couldn't even tell Ginny that I couldn't talk to her I had to send someone cos I wouldn't risk it.

I started going bed as early as possibly.

I felt defeated by the fact that he'd use that jumper against me.  That was I line I didn't think he'd cross. The anger in eyes as he held it over the fire were scarred into my mind . Then he tries to convince me he cares.

We were alone at breakfasts cos he wanted to start his two hours of tutoring early.

" I was thinking we could start with potions then herbiology and a bit of history"

"Ok" I mumbled staring at my porridge as I stirred it. I didn't feel hungry.

I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't care if he felt guilty.

"What's up with you ?"

" nothing"

" it's not nothing"

"Stop it "

" stop what ?"

" acting like you care" I stared him in the eyes.

" you think I'm pretending "

" I don't want to talk to you" I turned back to my food.

" tell me !" He commanded in a harsh whisper.

" or what ?" He looked slightly shocked at my remark

" are you going to burn my 'old rag' " I said with acid in my tone.

" is that what this is about"

I didn't answer but felt the anger burning.

" what did you expect me to do ?"

" I don't know try to understand where I was coming from. My friend was poisoned and sent to the infirmary "

" if I just let you off you'd do it again or they wouldn't think I was being reasonable"

" so you were just trying to impress your 'friends' - sorry it came at my expense. I hope next time I mess up your friends don't suddenly lose respect for you" I whispered harshly then turned back to p playing with my food.

Draco calmed down and took a breathe.

" it's not like that I'm trying to protect you - if they don't think I'm being fair they might say something and you'll be sent right back"

"You didn't have to use the baby against me"

" I'm sorry but -"

"I don't want to hear it"

He became silent. Like I'm going to believe any if the bs he's feeding me.

We walked to the library and went through the session he planned and as much as he aggravates me I have to admit he's really smart.

He corrected my work. Worked through questions with me. And smiled. I don't know why? He's seemed happy for a moment like he forgot everything.

I started walking off in the direction of our common room.

" where are you going?"

" to the common room"

" it's Gryffindor vs Ravenckaw I thought you'd want to see it"

" I just assumed you would say no "

" why? You didn't even ask. Ginnys Playing"

"I don't feel like going" I continued walking

" why ?"

" can't you just leave it"

"Why don't you want to go?" He said softly.

" cos I don't want to be any near pansey or Melanie or ..." I got heated in the moment and didn't want to finish.

" or who ? Me ?"

" I told you I don't want to go"

" I can't go any way I'm busy with crabb and goyle—"

" again ? You always run off with them-"

" non of your business!" He said in a burst of anger. 

" Is this business the same reason you stopped playing quidditch"

His jaw tensed as he ignored my question then replied.
"Take Blaise"

The last time I had ever been alone with Blaise was the ball.

" I don't know"

" he won't try anything and if he does..." he trailed of glaring at the wall intensely.

" he won't try anything" he promised.

"Ok fine I'll go"

We walked to the quidditch game in silence where we met Blaise. Draco whispered something in his ear and he just nodded then Draco ran off with tweedle Dee and tweedle Dum.

"C'mon" was the only words he said the whole game.

Gryffindor lost and Harry got hit on the head and sent to the hospital wing and I couldn't even run down and see him of or tell Ginny they'll do better next game. She just gave me her normal reluctant sadden smile with a slight head nod.

The only good thing about the game was Luna was commentating.

We were one of the last people to leave cos it did feel nice being outside away from the schedule.

We walked through the grass back towards the castle when he finally spoke.

" look y/n I'm sorry I haven't apologised for that night at the ball I just didn't know how"

this took me by surprise.

" I know I should have done it sooner but I was ashamed I never should have done it. It-it was so wrong and disgusting a-and "

" it's OK" I whispered he sounded genuine.

" no. It isn't and I need to apologise. I'm so sorry no one deserves to be treated like that and I can't imagine how much you must hate me but could you ever forgive me"

"The boys in slytherin snuck in some fire whiskey thought it would make the Ball more fun" he paused for a while as he sorted his thoughts

"I promise I've never touched the stuff since"

I didn't answer straight away. I wasn't sure how I felt then i decided

" I forgive you it would be nice to have a friend here rather than another enemy"

Thank you Cassidy bennet and lightning flame you guys are so sweet. 😘