Sleeping draft (y5)

It's been 3 days since I've actually talked to anyone. Draco is trying to give me space and by that I mean he doesn't come in at all. All my food is delivered by elves and they have been conditioned into not talking back.

I haven't even gotten out of my pyjamas, which I guess is a positive.

Today however was different.

When the house elf delivered my breakfast there was a letter carefully placed on my tray. I quickly recognised the writing.

Dear y/n

I was hoping you would join me for a walk today at 12:30 in the gardens?

I understand that you probably aren't too fond of Draco right now so I want to assure you that it will just be the two of us.

Yours
Narcissa

The idea of talking to another human was nice but I have no idea what we were going to talk about.

I ate first then showered cos I haven't done that in a while. And I needed it. Then I changed into new clothes and waited till 12:30.

It was nearly time.

I unlocked the door but didn't open it. I took a breathe trying to process actually going outside the room. I could bump into a Carrow, bellatrix greyback, Malfoy etc.

The seconds felt like hours. It was almost 12:30 so I just braced myself and opened the door.

I felt a sudden calm wash over me as I couldn't see anyone outside my door.

No idea what I was expecting. It's not like they would waste their time waiting outside my door so they could jump out at me.

I rushed down the stairs looking all around me but there wasn't anyone around.

I walked past a room near by the garden doors which caught my eye. 

The door was slightly askew and I peaked inside that's where everyone was. They were mumbling and discussing something. Planning. But before I could get a better look a voice pulled me away.

" y/n dear" it was narcissa she stood by the door waiting for me.

" sorry I just thought I- uh-" I stumbled towards her.

"Don't worry I'm not going to tell anyone, but you do need to be careful because it's not just us here anymore"

" I know draco told me"

" good shall we start"

I nodded and we headed out the door.

" cissy" bellas shrill voice came from inside.

I stopped in my tracks. frozen.

" I. I -I  thought we were go-going to be alone" I choked on my words

"I'll sort this out. Yes Bella?" She replied.

I finally turned and Bella stood at the doors with a man I recognised from the ministry break in.

" what are you doing with her?"

" me and my daughter in law are going for a walk around the gardens. Is there a problem?"

" she could make a run for it - we could escort you if -"

" no Bella we'll be alright - I'm sure I can handle a wand less 16 year old student or are you suggesting that I simply don't have the skill?"

" you know I'm not but she's slippery keep a close eye on her"

" will do" she smiled and began to walk.