Back to hogwarts (y6)

"Y/n wake up" Draco sort whispered to my ears.

I ignored him and groaned into my pillow.

"Come on we're going back to Hogwarts"

I felt a tingling sensation spread through my body as my excitement grew till I bolted upright.

"I can't believe we're finally leaving"

" I'll be back in half an hour make sure your ready"

I hopped out of bed and ate got changed gathered my things that I packed the night before then finally took a deep breathe.

I'm finally leaving.

"You ready"

"Yeah" I smiled.

"Let's get out of here" he returned the smile.

We took out stuff to the carriage waiting outside. And got in. The feeling of watching the mansion shrink into the distance was indescribable.

Hours passed before Draco finally asked the question that has obviously been on his mind.

"Wha-what house are you going to stay in?"

"Well I was kind of thinking of going back to Gryffindor"

"I understand" his face went stone cold and he turned his stare to the window.

"It doesn't have anything to do with you I promise it-it's just my friends are in Gryffindor- they are my family a-and-" I panicked.

"Hey it's fine I get it"

"Are you mad?"

"No not really I knew you'd choose them"

"It's not a choice between them and you- we're all in the same school it's not like I'm never going to see you"

" I told you I understand so can you just drop it?"

"Why are you taking this to heart?"

"I'm not just drop it"He said with a hint of anger in his voice.

We didn't talk for the rest of the journey.

He leant me his hand when I got out the carriage and helped me with my bags but didn't respond when I mumbled my thanks.

We finally got to the train and he put down my stuff so I could take it to the Gryffindor side.

"Well I'll see you around then" I went to pick up my stuff but he interrupted.

"Y/n be careful"

"I'm Always careful" he gave me a weary stare.

"Just don't get hurt"

"I'll try I promise" I smiled.

I went to reach for my bags when he interrupted me again.

"And what about your sleeping draft how much do you have left?"

"Probably enough to last till Christmas"

"But if -"

" I know if it's low I'll come find you I promise"

"You need to relax I'm not going to be far" I laughed at the look on his face.

" I know but you kind of have a habit of getting into trouble"

"I'll be safe...I mean what's the worst that can happen whilst we're at Hogwarts"

Other than death eaters breaking in.

"Draco come on the trains filling up" pansey yeller over the noise of the station.

"Just save me a seat"

She tried to hide her displeasure as she got on the train.

" I should go find Ginny anyways"

Before I could blink I felt his arms wrap around me embracing me in a hug.

After a fleeting moment I returned the hug.

" we're going to be fine" I whispered.

" I know but I don't know the next  chance I'll have to do this"

Cold air rushed in his absence as he finally let go off me.

"I'll see you around y/l/n" he smirked before walking off.

I picked up my stuff and got on the train and searched for Ginnys compartment.

I finally found her along with Luna and neville.

"Hey"I smiled as I got to the door.

" y/n" her desperate eyes looked up at me as she rushed towards me pulling me in a tight hug.

I dropped my stuff and returned it.

" what are doing here isn't Draco going to get his pants in a twist"

" it's all sorted I can come back to Gryffindor"

" are you serious that's great"

I put away my bags and joined them in the compartment.

We talked for ages about everything and anything we could distract ourselves with- saving our deeper questions and discussions for later when we were finally alone.

The train began to screech to a stop. Seconds later black smoke appeared down the hallway revealing a death eater.

" my father will hear of this" Cormac stated before shrinking back into his chair. 

I tried to remain unnoticed like everyone else. Well everyone except neville who stood up.

" hey losers he's not here"

I sat in shock as he sat back down more pissed than scared. They searched a little longer before getting if the train and leaving us alone.

The train finally stopped at the train station and we got off and made our way to the carriage. However this time they weren't magically pulled as usual they had a strange horse type creature pulling it.

"Why have they changed the carriages?"

"What do you mean ?" Ginny asked 

"The carriages there's like some type of horse pulling it"

"They're called thestrals" Luna intervened as she began explaining what they are whilst the carriage pulled us towards the Hogwarts gates.

It felt like returning home. However something was off. It felt more like returning home knowing your parents changed your room to an  office and you have to sleep in the basement.

We walked into the great hall and were immediately taken aback at the sight of Snape sitting in the headmasters chair with Carrow twins next to him along with the other teachers who looked uncomfortable.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

" didn't you hear Snapes the new headmaster of Hogwarts"

What 3-4 subjects should y/n study? I was thinking maybe her goal should be to work at St Mungos or to be an auror or maybe working with creatures. But idk any ideas??

love you all and have a great week 👍👍❤️