The scarlett dress (y4)

I stayed enclosed in my room with my scars taunting me , forcing to relive that moment , that pain over and over.

Flashes run through my mind forcing me to hug my legs and rock muttering ' your fine. Your safe. It's not real'.

The days past in a blur and I hadn't seen grumphly in ages - my food was just left outside my door.

Till finally one of the house elves came to deliver a message from narcissa written on an old piece of parchment.

Dear my soon to be daughter,

This year unfortunately I am extremely busy organising the wedding ,so I will not be able to accompany you to buy your evening dress for the wedding which will take place at malfoy manor the day of our annual party. Because of this inconvenience I will get someone to take you later today - I trust you'll pick a good one .

With regards
Narcissa

A pit formed in my stomach as the realisation struck me that I would have to leave my room and - and - get married in less than a week. I tried to regain my strength and took a shower then got dressed and headed downstairs where I met fenir greyback and Alecto Carrow.

I felt like an empty void walking through the streets surrounded by death eaters. I had no where to run . No way to escape.  So I just did what I was told , I went to the dress shop.

The death eaters split off and covered the front and back exit so I couldn't run , which left me with the freedom to wonder about.  The store lady directed me to the area that narcissa had reserved for me -walls of my regular style dress spread around the room.

" will you be requiring any assistance ?" She asked politely. But I just wanted to be left alone , so I shook my head. 

I sat down staring at the rows of green dresses, when something caught- a glimmer from the side of my eye. 

I turned to see a array of dresses form a range of colours and styles- finally I can have something that's mine.  My style.  My choice. 

I took my solitude as an opportunity to make a statement -one last time - that I won't back down or give in. 

I singled out a few dresses which bore the same Scarlett colour as the Gryffindor flag. Until the perfect one caught my eye. I put it in a dress bag and took up to the counter.

She unzipped it and glared at me

" are you sure this is the one you want ?"

" yep" I smiled for the first time since leaving Hogwarts.

" and narcissa will be fine with this ?"

" of course ,she said she trusted me to make the decision and this is what I've decided"

She nodded her head suspiciously and gave me the dress back.

" I'll send the bill to narcissa"

" bye" I said quickly grabbing the dress and leaving.

I looked towards the front exit and saw it was empty.

I subtly increased my speed as to not draw attention to myself and made my way to the exit.

I was outside and took a deep breath of freeedom. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was a cloud free to wonder. 

I tried to blend in with the crowd and followed the current of magical families buying supplies for Hogwarts.

This was really my day I could see the plump figure of Mrs Weasley and tears swelled in my eyes -I could escape. I don't have to go through with the wedding. 

I started running now squeezing through the crowds.

" MRS WEASLEY !!"  I screamed causing her to stop and turn scanning the crowds for  me.

" MRS WEA-ah !"

A warm hand covered my mouth. And I felt is hot nasty breath on the back of my neck making my skin crawl.

" did you really think you could get away ?" Fenir growled.

" I should rip your throat out " my tears flooded down his hand.

Mrs Weasleys eyes widened as she  finally caught my red ones. I shook my head indicating for her not to come. I could feel the smile on fenirs face as he saw Mrs Weasleys horrified expression before  we disapparated back to the manor.

He threw me on the floor and I tried to back away ,when my back hit the legs of Alecto Carrow ,who grabbed my arms and lifted me to my feet- I tried to pull away but my attempts were futile.

Fenirs growls were silenced by the creaking of the opening door. I didn't need to look to know who it was. I could feel her smile. 

" how did dress shopping go ?" She laughed

" pick something pretty for Draco ?"

I pulled away but Alecto quickly regained his hold over me with one hand and grabbed my hair with his other forcing me to stare into the face of my torturer , my tormentor. 

" ooooo there we go - that's the firey spirit we've been waiting for"

" Draco's really got his hands full hasn't he "she laughed.

" I am not dracos " I spat.

She rushed forward her hands holding my neck

" we'll see"she whispered as she pulled away.

Alecto let go of my hair so I gathered the courage to spit at her as my hands weren't free to hit her like I so desperately wanted.

She turned quickly and slapped my cheek with such force that I would've fallen onto the floor if it weren't for Alecto.

" take her and the dress to her room and lock the door I don't want her getting out - we can't have our bride missing now can we " she laughed

Thanks for sticking with me - I'll try to update soon but I have mocks so I need to revise and I'm not sure how much time I'll have.

Please leave comment , critiques and suggestions :)