Back ache (y6)

The da lesson went very slow as we were attempting non verbal spells, which ginny caught onto very quickly. Afterwards I collapsed in bed exhausted from the lessons and took my draft to help me sleep through the pain emanating from my back.

When I woke up unfortunately it only felt worse. I groaned in pain as I sat up.

"You alright there ?" Ginny mumbled waking up from my moaning.

"Yeah I'm fine" I panted before getting out of bed and releasing another loud groan.

"Y/n come on do I really have to force you to go to the nurse ?" She mumbled as she sat up rubbing her eye.

I looked in the mirror at my bloated stomach then twisted my back slightly reviving the searing pain in my back. I really didn't want to go - I've been late for a couple weeks now and I honestly don't want to find out.

"Merlins  beard" I grunted at the pain.

"I don't want to get Malfoy involved in this but I will"

"Ugh ok fine I'll go" I knew she was right I just really didn't want to go

"Maybe you should stay in tonight as well- 3 people really is enough we'll be fine if you sit this one out"

I looked at her stern face she was telling me rather than suggesting.

"I'm sure I'll be fine by then"

"Don't push yourself y/n" she gave me a smile.

"Gin your starting to sound like my parent rather than my friend" I laughed

" well someone needs to look after you" she smiled taking my hand.

"Come on I'm taking you now" she dragged me out the room.

"What about breakfast?" I don't care if I'm bloated and in pain I'm getting my food.

"I'll sort it out I promise let's make sure your alright first though"she laughed as she pulled me through the halls where we finally met madam pomfrey at the door.

"Hey dears what's wrong?" She asked leading me to a bed where I sat.

"It's really not that big a deal-" I started but Ginny took over.

"She hit her back yesterday and it's been hurting all morning"

"Well there's nothing to worry about I'll do some tests and hopefully all you'll need is some pain killers"

"Can I just get the pain killers now?"

"I'm sorry I can't, why is there something you want to tell me ?"

"No" I smiled then glanced at Ginny who gave me a funny stare.

Madam pomfrey waved her wand about them walked away.

"Is something going on ?" She asked as soon as she left.

"No-" I looked to where madam pomfrey was fiddling at her desk.

"Y/n?"

"Well it's just I'm a bit late and hopefully its nothing"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I don't know I just hope it's nothing" my nerves started to kick in making me feel sick luckily there was a bucket beside me because we were in the infirmary.

Madam pomfrey came back immediately waving her wand and making the sick disappear.

"How long have you been feeling ill ?"she asked with a concern look on her face.

" I don't know a while I guess" i really didn't want her to keep talking I just wanted to leave right now but I couldn't.

"Y/n I think you're pregnant"

A ringing took over my senses and I blanked out while Ginny started asking questions like

"How sure are you ? Can we redo the tests? Can she keep this from the carrows and snape while we talk to mcgonagal?" Etc

Finally she said.

"I think it would be best if you take y/n somewhere she's comfortable and can process this - I'll write a letter so she can get out of lessons for the day" she smiled before walking off to write it out.

"Y/n are you ok?..please say something ?"ginny begged.

"Can we leave" my voice cracked as my eyes watered.

"Here you go" madam pomfrey interrupted handing Ginny a letter then she turned to me.

"And here" she gave me some pain killers for my back.

"Everything will be alright I promise not to discuss it with anyone other than mcgonagall" she smiled but I couldn't force one back I just nodded my head then left gripping ginnys hand.

"Hey y/n" I heard dracos voice from behind as he wrapped his arms around me then kissed my cheek.

" I didn't see you at breakfast is everything alright?" He moved around in front of me but I couldn't make eye contact - all I could focus on was Ginny who stood behind him.

"We were at madam pomfreys y/n isn't feeling well so I'm just going to take her bed" Ginny said pulling me closer to her.

"Oh no do you want me to come?" Draco asked with genuine concern.

"Y/n wouldn't want to distract you from your newts"

"That's er very nice Weasley but if you wouldn't mind I'd like to actually hear from y/n" he was trying to hide his annoyance as to not upset me.

"I'll be alright" I whispered.

" ok well I'll try check on you later" he smiled before walking off.

Ginny took my hand again pulling me to our room, where she tucked me into bed whilst I sat there in shock.

" here you can eat these" she passed me some snacks from her draw.

"And here's a book in case you get bored " she placed it onto of my drawers by my bed.

" it's going to be alright I promise - please look at me "

"I need to tell him" was all I could say.

""What"

" I need to tell him gin" I barely got through the sentence. Ginny didn't push it any further.

" ok we can talk more about this later -I'll see you at break and bring you dinner before we go to the halls tonight" she said more to herself than me.

She done what she said and came at break but but at dinner time she didn't come I just assumed she forgot but as the night drifted on I  knew something was wrong. 

Hey just wanted to say use protection very important no matter what ur partner says or wants and stay safe.