three

Luci
I avoided Saint like the plague throughout the day. We shared three classes together and I didn't see him in any. I thought he was avoiding me, but from the whispers throughout the halls it seemed like he had left early.

"What a coward," I huffed out under my breath.

After the closet incident my hands felt numb and the color drained out of them. My neck showcased an unnatural faint blue color against my brown skin. The ice that engulfed my hands was glacial to the point where my hands had encountered frostbite from it.

I kept trying to make sense of the situation, but I just could not understand.

Saint wasn't human. That bit was obvious to me. He was a specimen in human form but he could not be a full being. As much as I hated to admit it sometimes I believed that he was too beautiful to truly be from Earth anyways.

His face, his sculptured build, as well as his stature was all geometrically perfect.

"Lucille! Table 7 needs more ketchup. Get to it!"

Dragged away from my thoughts I looked up to see my manager Ruth standing over me with her arms crossed.

"I don't pay you to sit around and do nothing." She walked closer to me and snatched the clean rag from my hands.

"Go get the ketchups and when you're done go serve Table 3!"

I rolled my eyes and let out a heavy sigh. I hated working here but I needed the money. My mom and I weren't "poor" per say, but things definitely got rough sometimes. Working this job meant enough money for utilities and that alone was enough to keep me here.

Grabbing my pencil pad, paper and 2 bottles of ketchup, I headed over to Table 7. I stopped in my tracks when I recognized the delinquents at the table.

Reluctantly I plastered a smile on my face and headed over to the table.

"Hi, sorry for the wait. Here are the extra ketchups,"
I placed the ketchups in the center of the table, when one of the boys grabbed my hand.

"I didn't know you were working tonight, Luci,"

"I work practically every night Devan. You know this," I attempted to retract my hand but his grip intensified.

"Don't be so rude, we're just trying to be nice," he grinned.

I threw him a fake smile before snatching my hand away from his.
"Don't flatter yourself," I retorted.

As I began to walk away I heard the sound of metal clank down to the floor.

I turned around to see Devan and his friends snickering as all five of their spoons fell to the ground.

"Sorry we're just really clumsy," Luke said with a sigh. He motioned down with his chin and they all stared at me awaiting my next action.

I let out a heavy sigh and bent over to pick up each of the spoons. It was company policy at Rugrat Diner to make sure each costumer had a satisfactory dining experience. Any failure of that would result in a strike and after 3 strikes, you were fired.

I had all four spoons in my palm and quickly searched for fifth. Looking around for a few seconds I found the fifth spoon hidden under Luke's shoe deep inside the table. I groaned and went father under inside in attempt to grab it when I felt a palm stroke my behind.

"Nice," Devan laughed and continued to feel me up.

I froze for a second until I heard the shuttering sound of a camera and snickering laughter.