14

Saint
There were times I looked at Luci and felt a daunting almost bleak aura from her. It bothered my soul whenever I would see her walk around school being disingenuous. Her existence bothered me greatly and I wasn't sure why... until now.

As I made eye contact, with the mysterious man at her door, the feeling came back again. But this time it was powerful.

I didn't want to taunt or hurt this man like I did Luci. Instead, I felt a strong inclination to kill him.

Luci's body tensed up against my hand. Even with all the things she had went through yesterday, she was scared. This man was scaring her and I didn't like that.

I stepped in front of her and the coldness swept through my body when the man looked me up and down. Water began to form on my fingertips and as my anger grew, the particles tuned into sharp crystals of ice.

The man crossed his arms and smirked at me. His eyes were chilling and they seemed to seep into my soul.

"Isn't this an interesting sight." he spoke. "A death angel, protecting the daughter of the devil."

I was taken aback by his revelation of me but I did not falter. His voice was smooth and sharp as he let out a wicked laugh.

"I assure you, angel of death, you should be more terrified of her than me."

Luci stepped in front of me and pushed my chest back. She walked a few steps further before pausing a foot away from the man.

"How are you here?" she whispered. "How did you even get here?"

"Luci," I said softly, "do you know who this man is?"

She ignored my question and her back faced me. The man suddenly began to laugh once more.

"Wait a minute," he said through his laughter, "is this Saint?"

Luci didn't answer him and I was surprised on how he knew my name.

"You know Saint," the man began, "as one who's had the pleasure of visiting Lucille's thoughts, I must inform you that you are a constant name that runs through her mind."

My stomach filled with an unfamiliar notion. I brushed it off and saw that Luci had clenched her fist.

"There's something about you..." the man said. "You're aura isn't as sharp as death angel's should be. It's not all the way there."

His red eyes burned into mines, and it felt like someone was trying to pry to into my mind and soul. My body immediately went into defensive mode and my heart rate quickened.

"Blocking me out I see. At least one of you was smart enough to."

No one said another word.

The man cleared his throat and placed a smug smile on his face.

"I've been rude. I suppose I should introduce myself," he smiled. "My name is- "

In an instant, the sound of a car door shutting harshly filled my ears. I turned my head back to see Celia and Marcus angrily make there way over to us. I flinched when Marcus passed me but he did not even spare me a glance. Instead he walked right up to the man and planted a large punch on his right cheek.