35

Luci

: mercy -shawn mendes

"Who doesn't have a password on their computer?"

I inserted my memory card into the jack and waited for my pictures to load on the screen. Saint had left the house a few minutes ago and it was a bit weird being here alone.

At least that means he trusts me enough to leave me alone here.

The photos loaded onto the screen and I favorited the ones I liked the most. Saint was a natural when it came to being photographed. Even when he was caught off guard he looked amazing.

I began editing the exposure and brightness of one of the photos. It was a tedious task, but the outcome would be worth it.

I stopped editing when I felt a sharp pain course throughout my stomach. It was sudden and caught me off guard. My head had gotten lightheaded and I suddenly felt sick.

I immediately ran to the bathroom and uncovered the toilet lid, before the contents festering in my stomach, spilled out of my mouth.

I held my own hair back until I finished. I didn't know what I expected when to see looking into the toilet. I assumed maybe my stomach was upset with me since I didn't have much to eat all day, but it wasn't uncommon for me to go a few hours without eating.

What I saw was straight out of a crime scene. I wiped my mouth and saw blood stain my palms.

"Blood?" I said aloud in shock.

Why the fuck did I just throw up blood?

My body began to heat up quickly unprovoked. Flames littered at my fingertips, as I quickly flushed the toilet. The flames spread from my fingers down to my elbow, and I held my arm up to keep myself from burning my clothes.

I had always been decent at controlling my abilities, and I had gotten even better since Khalil had been training me, but this was unusual.

I quickly splashed cold water against my arm to extinguish the flames. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth. The taste of blood was warm and metallic. My body grimaced when I spit out the water and saw it going down the sink drain.

There were a million things I was worried about lately, I would not let myself get psych out about whatever just happened.

"I'm just dehydrated and hungry. That's all," I told myself.

I splashed water on my face and put my braids up in a ponytail. I left the bathroom and decided to head downstairs for a glass of water.

I twisted open Saint's bedroom door and all of a sudden I was pushed back harshly by two pairs of arms.

My head almost hit the floor but I caught myself just in time. I looked up to see the twins staring down at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here!" Charlotte asked. "You scared us. Saint's car wasn't in the driveway so we knew he wasn't home. We thought you were a burglar!"

A burglar... in a gated community?

They each grabbed one of my arms and help me off the floor. I was dizzier than usual, but I brushed it off.