fourty one

Luci

: i don't wanna live forever (zayn , taylor swift)

*chapter contains Mature Themes. Sorry in advance for what your about to read... love y'all so much❤️

My body sprung up with so much force my neck strained. A large bubble of air filled my chest as I inhaled sharply.

When I came out of my daze, I looked around at my surroundings. Roderick let out a sigh of relief, and my mother quietly sobbed in the corner of the room. Celia was shaking but Marcus and Khalil were no where to be found.

"Why are you all crying?" I asked.

Roderick ignored my question and felt against my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

I cracked my neck and immediately stood up off the floor. A rush of energy flooded through me. I felt as if I could run a marathon.

"Like I have all the energy in the world," I smiled.

"Good, that's... good," Roderick sighed. "She's fine. Her hair is still brown but we'll monitor her symptoms as they come."

I must have passed out or something, they all look so terrified.

"Where's Saint?" I asked.

Suddenly, everyone's face fell and they avoided eye contact with me.

"Where's Saint?" I repeated.

"He ran out of the room in panic," Celia said. "He thought you were dying Luci."

My heart rate quickened and I quickly stood up from the floor. My vision blurred since I got up too fast, and I lost my balance.

Roderick placed his hand on my shoulder to help me stay up.

"You need to take it easy today," he said sincerely. "I'm not sure if what I gave you will react well with your body in the long run."

I pushed his arm off of me and rushed out the door. I had to find Saint. He needed to know that I was alive. I wasn't okay, but I was alive.

I ran down the stairs and into the living room. When I didn't see him, I went to the hallway underneath the staircase and ran for what seemed like miles.

This place is too fucking big.

It was when I turned and heard sniffling coming from a room at the end of the hallway, I stopped running.

I quietly approached the room, and slid inside the opening. It was a massive library with high ceilings and a plethora of books. It had a regency era touch to it, and the furniture inside seemed to be weary and delicate.

I wanted to stay and admire the beautiful architecture of it all, but I couldn't when I saw Saint in the corner of the room.

His knees were to his chest and his head was buried down. He rocked his body back and forth while the sound of his quiet sobbing filled the room.

I watched my step as I silently made my way over to him.

"Hey," I whispered.

He stilled and when he slowly looked up to meet my eyes my heart broke all over again. His glossy green eyes were stained with tears and his cheeks flushed red.

My hand trembled as I tried not to fall apart in front of him. He needed to believe that I was okay. Physically at least.

"Hey," I repeated. I cupped his cheek and wiped away tears with my sleeve.