fourty two and a half

Emma

*even if y'all hate this character, it's imperative that you read this chapter.

: backstabber (kesha)

"Emma honey, you need to leave your room," my mom said through my closed door. "It's been days."

I slammed my laptop and opened my room door. My mother stood there with a sad expression plastered onto her face. She had been worried about me for a while now, but I did not need her sympathy. 

"You don't get it," I said lowly. "He is the love of my life and now he's gone!"

"Emma, I know you love Saint, but didn't he move on?" she asked. "I thought he was seeing that Lucinda girl?"

"Her name is Lucille, and she's not his fucking type," I explained. "Saint obviously got with her to mess with me and make me jealous. He doesn't actually like her, Mom."

She sighed and placed her hand on my shoulder. "I just don't want you to keep living like this," she said. "Maybe you should call Bryce over again."

I grabbed the pillow from my bed and threw it toward her. I couldn't believe she would even bring up Bryce's name when Saint was the one I wanted.

"Get out!" I screamed. "Just get out! You don't understand anything!"

I slammed the door and collapsed onto my bed. I was going crazy. Saint hadn't been to school, and he was ignoring my texts and calls.

It was all Luci's fault.

That red-eyed freak did something to him, I know it.

I didn't understand what had gone wrong. I was always Saint's number one girl. Sure he'd hook up with other girls besides me but it was never more than once. He kept me around for four years, so clearly I was special.

"That red-haired bitch has nothing on me," I whispered to myself while staring in my mirror.

I am perfect.

My hair was perfectly long and layered. My frame was small, but I didn't care since I had assumed Saint liked girls that were built like me. Given how big Luci was, I figured he changed his mind.

"I bought the red hair dye like you asked," she shouted. "Should I leave it at the door?"

"Ugh!" I screamed.

I opened the door quickly and pushed her out of the way.

"God, you are so annoying!" I screamed.

I raced down the stairs and she followed behind me.

"Where are you going, honey?" she asked.

"I'm going to his house," I mumbled.

If Saint was going to keep ignoring me, I wanted to see if he would do it to my face. I closed the front door behind me and marched a few houses down to where Saint lived.

The truth was I had been coming to his house every day since he hadn't been at school. Usually, I would ring the doorbell, or try to peek through the window, but I never saw anything or received a response.

But today would be different.

I walked right up to the door and banged on it harshly.

"Saint!" I yelled. "I know you're in there, stop ignoring me!"

The anger inside of me was begging to erupt. I stopped banging on the door when I saw the curtains ruffle.

Someone is in there.