nine

Luci

I was an enigma of hope that sprouted from the darkest depths of malice.

A light that would always be distinguished by evil.

I was a girl that would never truly be good.

I assumed that my mind and body had come to terms with my dubious fate.
But it was still a concept that was hard for me to grasp.

Lucille Black was who I was.
Daughter of Lucifer and Mallory.

A poisoned chalice or like a wolf in sheep's skin.

I knew my eyes mirrored a luscious pool of blood. They seemed to do that a lot lately as I became more acquainted with Saint.

My leg twitched as I felt the lukewarm liquid from our hands seep into my jeans. I attempted to rub off the water but stopped midway when I realized it would just have to dry off.

Saint had remained silent. The air inside of the car was thick and heavy.

My neck felt strained and I knew that another red mark formed. In the last three days it felt like Saint had choked me hundreds of times. I wanted to ask him why he did it to me so often, but I knew the answer would not be of my liking.

The fire inside me danced. Saint was afraid. Even if he would not admit it. My mere existence was daunting to him and the revelation that my father is evil itself was eating him alive.

I'll admit it was severely amusing. The way his eyes widened when my hand engulfed in a giant flame. To the way his heart quickened and his breathing increased.

I smelled his fear. It was highly invigorating. I didn't know why, but Saint being scared of me sent a rush down my spine.

The very thought intoxicated my senses.

I turned my head and leaned it against my seat to look at Saint.

He kept one hand tightly gripped on the steering wheel, and another hand on top of the gear shift.

After our "altercation" he hadn't spoken to me. It had been three hours since then and the world around us had started to become dark.

The sun had begun to set and the sky emitted pink and orange hues. The road in front of us was clearing as more and more vehicles began to pass by.

The scenery was beautiful. I cursed under my breath as I did not have my camera to capture the rare moment. I settled for my phone camera and held it up.

As I took my photos I noticed eyes on boring onto my phone screen. I noticed Saint looking into my phone camera and he immediately turned away when I noticed.

I rolled my eyes and sunk back into my seat. I reclined my seat back a bit when Saint reached over to the center console.

He unlocked it with one hand and took out a pair of sleek black sunglasses.

I didn't recognize the logo, but based on its exterior it seemed expensive.

He swiftly placed the sunglasses over his eyes and placed his hand back on the gear shift.

Since my seat was reclined back his body was angled upright for me. I watched how his jaw clenched when he made a swift turn to the other lane.

His jaw was sharp and clean. His black wavy hair brushed into his eyes a bit and I focused my attention on his blond roots that began to protrude from his scalp.

As much as I despised Saint, I couldn't help but admit that he was attractive. I guess it made sense now that I knew he was an angel.

It was the type of beauty that made people envious. Not because you admired that person's looks, but because you hated the fact that you didn't  look like them. You want to be them in the very flesh.