~ Chapter 66 ~

In space, Chris in his spaceship destroys a Metarex Fighter. Amy's spaceship is also in the fight.

"Take this!" she shouted.

Her ship's hammer makes short work of three other Metarex Fighters. Four others fly in toward the Typhoon and try to blast it, but a force field blocks them. Lightning arcs from the vortex they are fighting near as the Sonic Driver launches Sonic and Y/N into several more Metarex Fighters, destroying them. But that is just the beginning. All three Metarex general's battleships, as well as hundreds more Metarex Fighters, are waiting to challenge them.

"We're in big trouble." Cosmo said.

"We'll be fine. Have faith in Sonic and Y/N." Tails assured her.

"This started three hours ago. We detected a Chaos Emerald that was moving."

All that has transpired before was a flash-forward. The Typhoon emerges from hyperspace to see a spaceship being pursued by Metarex Fighters.

"More Metarex!" Cream exclaimed.

"Chao chao!"

"Somebody's in trouble!" Sonic said.

They watch the screen as the spaceship nimbly dodges the fighters.

"We're getting a signal. There's a Chaos Emerald somewhere on board that craft." Chris informed.

"They're in great danger! If what Chris says is true, then those Metarex will stop at nothing to get what they want. We must help them!" Cosmo said.

Tails looks up.

"She's right." Y/N agreed.

Sonic gave Chris a thumb up.

"What do you say, Chris?"

Chris nods.

"Okay."

"As captain, I hereby veto that plan. We have our safety to think about." Tails said.

But Sonic, Y/N, and Chris are already gone.

"Later, kids!"

"See you!"

"Looks like we're too late, Tails." Cream pointed out.

"Chao!" Cheese said in agreement.

Tails looks up in surprise before sighing.

"Why do they even bother having a captain anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris takes off in his spaceship. Sonic and Y/N rides on each of his wing.

"We'll be on that mystery ship in no time."

"I can already see it."

"Hope they'e okay out there."

They can see the other spaceship dodging lasers in a wild manner.

"Man, they really got that thing surrounded!"

"It's impressive in its own way."

"Yeah. You're right. Looks pretty bad."

The other spaceship's robot pilot wipes its brow. Sonic and Y/N launches themself toward the Metarex Fighters, destroying most of them, before chasing the blue spaceship.

"Missile launch!"

Chris fires a rocket at the last Metarex Fighter.

"Good shot!"