~ Chapter 21 ~

It was now summer. Nearby, Chris, Danny, Frances, Hikaru, Tails, Y/N, Amy, Cream, and Cheese are waiting for the bus.

"What city?" Danny asked.

"It says it's a town located deep in the mountains. ... I guess we'll have to transfer here. It should take another hour." Chris explained.

"What? How far do we have to go?" Amy asked, feeling annoyed.

"It's not that far, Amy. Why not just think of this as part of the adventure?"

"Camping is not my idea of an adventure."

Frances turns around and begins massaging Amy.

"Oh, we're going to have lots of fun, I promise!"

"Alright, if you say so."

"I do!"

The girls giggle.

"Hey Chris, so, you know a good place to set up camp when we get there?" asked Tails.

"I hear there's a great place near a river morth of here. It's nice and peaceful, and it's good for fishing too." Chris replied.

"Hey, that sounds like a perfect spot! And maybe you and I can go for a swim, Cheese. Sound fun?" Cream said.

"Chao!"

"I hope I can travel to Japan and learn about their culture and maybe learn how to speak and write in Japanese. I want to try some sushi." Y/N said.

"No way! Same!" Hikaru exclaimed.

"Wow! Awesome!"

Nearby, Mr. Stewart is studying the bus routes and timings.

"Uh... Bus service to Hot Springs Village..."

He activates his communicator watch and started talking to it for a moment as Y/N noticed what he was up to now. Soon, he waves a yellow flag for his group.

"Alright, students, line up! The bus'll be here any minute now."

He blows a whistle.

"Mr. Stewart sure is excited." Danny said.

"I'll say." Chris agreed.

"Hey Frances, how come Mr. Stewart's coming? Wouldn't this trip be a lot more fun if it was just us kids?" Tails asked her.

"Dunno. Maybe he wants to have some fun too."

"All I can say is this this whole camping thing better be fun, or they're gonna hear it from me." Amy grumbled.

"No worries, Amy. It will be fun." Y/N patted her back.

"Where's Sonic, anyway?" Chris asked.

"Sonic's not much for camping. He says he's gonna explore the city. He's on his way there now."

Meanwhile, Sonic is running alongside a train before breaking away from it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, the bus is on the move. They are all enjoying the scenery.

"Look at that!"

"Chao chao!"

After a while more of riding, the bus arrives at Tanaka's hometown.

"Mr. Tanaka, we're here."

He and his friends disembark from the bus.

"I trust you had a safe trip."

"Your homeland is really beautiful, Mr. Tanaka."

"It really is." Y/N agreed.