~ Chapter 50 ~

Super Sonic and Super Y/N are zipping around through space. Several small light shine before fading. Sonic and Y/N emerges amidst the wreckage of several destroyed robots. They pant from the exertion.

"He's tougher than I thought. We'd better finish this." Sonic thought.

They look up to their adversary floating nearby - Dark Oak, leader of the Metarex. He uncrosses his arms and draws a large golden sword. Sonic and Y/N, and Oak charge toward each other, colliding in a bright light. Sonic is thrown backward along with Y/N who grit her teeth, covering herself and Sonic in the crystal shield. They pant as Dark Oak floats down, his cape rippling.

"Your defeat is certain. Give me the Chaos Emeralds, and I will spare your life."

Left without a choice, Super Sonic nods at Super Y/N who sighs, releasing the shield before they spread out their hands and let the seven Chaos Emeralds orbit them.

"Chaos Control!!" they shouted.

Dark Oak watches as Sonic and Y/N uses Chaos Control to scatter the Emeralds across the universe. Without the power of the Emeralds, Sonic and Y/N plummets to Mobius below. Oak looks down at a sparking injury he had received in his conflict with Sonic and Y/N.

"Sonic and Y/N have only delayed my triumph. Those emeralds will be mine."

Oak then begins to broadcast a message through the entire galaxy.

"Alert my forces across the galaxy. Begin my search for the Chaos Emeralds at once. Do not rest until you bring them all to me."

Several red eyes flash behind Oak, who flies away from Mobius. He contacts the rest of his army, known as the Metarex.

"Remove the Planet Egg."

Oak disappears in a red twinkle as something descends toward Mobius. As Sonic and Y/N fall, they revert back to their normal form. Y/N with an amount of strength uses her crystal to create a shield around Sonic as they fall separately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Green Hill, it is nighttime, and Amy and Cream are with Tails as he is stargazing. He has a camera ready to record. A picnic is also set up.

"How much longer do we have to wait, Tails?"

"I'm not exactly sure, Cream. Not too long."

"This would be so romantic if Sonic were here to see it with me! Soon the whole sky will be filled with shooting stars!" Amy said.

Tails looks up from the camera.

"According to the astronomers, we'll only get a meteor shower this humongus once every five hundred years or so. We're really lucky to be here."

He looks back through the camera.

"I certainly wouldn't want to wait that long to see it again, would you?" Cream said.

"Chao!" Cheese said.

"We should all make a wish!" Amy suggested.

Tails looks up, confused.

"Why should we do that?"

"Chris told us when you make a wish whenever you see a shooting star, it'll come true, remember, Tails?" Cream said.

"Yeah. It's too bad Chris and Chuck aren't here to see this with us."

"I miss them. I wish we could go back to their world for a visit."