~ Chapter 9 ~

It is nighttime and Y/N, Sonic, and their friends, minus Tails, are seated around the table for supper. Sonic is eating an apple.

"Let's start with our first course. Which knife and fork should we use?" Ella asked.

Amy studies the silverware before selecting the outermost fork and knife.

"Uh... These!"

"I agree." Cream said.

"Chao chao!" Cheese said.

"That's right! You're such smart children. And what good manners!"

"Chao!"

"I don't see why we have to learn all this "etiquette" baloney in the first place." Sonic said, not paying attention.

"Sonic!" Y/N smacked his arm, glaring at him.

"Don't worry, Y/N. My mom says it's important to learn good manners so we can eat properly." Chris said.

"Well, I never learned anything about manners and I've been eating my while life."

Y/N sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Tanaka leans in toward Sonic as he bites into an apple.

"Sonic, kindly use your fruit knife."

"I wonder what's keeping Tails? He should be back by now." Chuck asked.

Everyone stops as they hear laughter. They see Bokkun flying into the room. Notably, he is wearing a baseball cap.

"Sorry, I didn't know it was meal time. But Dr. Eggman's got a real important message for ya!"

Sonic and Tanaka immediately confront Bokkun.

"Not again!"

"How dare you barge in on us like this?! You need to learn some manners!"

"Eh, that's what you say."

Bokkun turns on the television he is carrying.

"Good evening, Sonic and Y/N. I suggest you take a look out your window." Eggman said in the TV.

"Window?"

Sonic, Y/N, Chris, and Chuck head to the window.

"What is it?" Chuck asked.

"That light's coming from a Chaos Emerald!" Cream gasped.

"Is she right?" Chris asked.

"You're half right, Cream. But that's not just one Chaos Emerald." Sonic said.

"Correct. We both want those Emeralds, but why not be good sports about it? That's why I suggest you suit up and meet me over..."

He disappears and returns wearing his baseball gear.

"...at the Diamond Stadium!"

"Diamond Stadium?" Tanaka questioned.

"What for?" Chuck asked.

"I challenge you and your friends to a game of winner-take-all baseball!" he laughs as the television's screen fades to black.

"You guys might be a little rusty, so how about some batting practice?" Bokkun asked with an evil smile.

"Uh-oh." Sonic said.

Bokkun replaces the television with a baseball bat. He tosses a ball into the air, then spins the bat wildly, hitting many balls in the direction of everyone else in the room. Amy and Cream duck while Chris, Sonic, Y/N, Tanaka, and Chuck try to avoid the balls. Finally, Ella grabs Bokkun.