~ Chapter 52 ~

The Blue Typhoon is cruising through deep space. Everyone is gathered on the bridge.

"You detected one of the Chaos Emeralds?" Cream asked.

"Are you sure about this, Knuckles?" Amy asked.

"Yes. There's no doubt about it. I was in the engine room a few minutes ago when I saw the Master Emerald reacting to something."

A shot of the glowing Master Emerald is shown.

"It must have been an Emerald!"

Amy turned to Tails.

"Check for a planet nearby."

"Let's see..."

He pulls up a holo-map which appears in the midst of the group. Chris points to a spot on the map.

"There's one."

"That's Planet Secco." Cosmo said.

Sonic is reading a book titled 'CosmoNav', which is a guide to the planets.

"And according to my galactic guide book, it's dry as a bone."

There is a picture of the surface of Secco. It depicts a rocky environment, with a small mountains dotting the landscape. He chuckles after envisioning himself running through the barren landscape, before leaping down to the others.

"Tails, we're gonna land on Planet Secco and find that Emerald! Let's go!" Amy ordered.

"I'm supposed to give the orders..."

"Just do it."

"Don't be mean, Amy." Y/N said, patting Tails' head to comfort him.

As the Blue Typhoon flies toward Secco, the Master Emerald glows intensely, confirming Knuckles' theory. Soon the ship enters Secco's atmosphere.

"According to the scope, there's a lot of water on this world." Chris said.

"Oh no. We can't land here." Sonic said, looking horrified.

They break through the cloud layer.

"There's gotta be some kind of mistake!"

"Tough luck, Sonic." Knuckles and Y/N chuckled.

The Typhoon extends it stabilizer fins and descends toward the watery surface below.

"Splashdown!" Tails said.

Soon, the Typhoon lands on the surface of the water, and everyone climbs into small one-seater submarines that are set up on the runway. As Tails is about to climb into his shuttle, Sonic frantically holds up the book to him.

"You must have made a wrong turn, Tails! The guidebook says this planet's dry.

"Don't blame me, Sonic."

He climbs into his sub.

"Sounds like your galactic guidebook's seriously out of date."

"There's way too much water here! I hate water..."

"Don't sweat it, Sonic."

Sonic looks up to see Chris welding two of the subs together.

"I have a way for you to stay dry even when you're underwater. You're not afraid of submarines, are you?"

Sonic sweatdrops.

"Launch the subs!" Tails ordered.

The subs move forward and fall into the water, and Sonic cringes as he enters the water.