~ Chapter 54 ~

Having left Planet Secco, the Blue Typhoon is once again travelling through deep space. Chris is typing on a keypad. Sonic, Y/N, and Cosmo are standing nearby.

"My new progran will let us detect a Chaos Emerald anywhere in the galaxy, no matter where or how far away it may be." Chris said.

A compartment for a Chaos Emerald opens.

"Alright, Sonic, Y/N, what do you say we try it out?"

"Sure thing."

Sonic hands the Emerald to Chris, and he inserts it into the slot.

"Okay."

Chris closes the hatch. Tails types on a keypad.

"Now we connect it to the main interface and we'll be on our way!"

A holo-radar appears in the front window.

"Knuckles, everything okay?" Tails asked over the intercom.

"So far, so good." Knuckles replied.

"Wow!"

"What's up? Something wrong?"

"I'm detecting a response already!"

A blip appears near the top left of the radar.

"It's thanks to you, Chris." Cosmo said.

"It's no big deal, really."

"Sure it's a big deal! I've built lots of neat stuff, but I couldn't have come up with something this good overnight." Tails said.

Chris rubs behind his head.

"Aw, come on, Tails, you're embarrassing me."

"Amy, what's the location?"

Amy types on a keypad.

"The signal's coming from a place called Planet Breezy."

"That sounds cool. Okay, Planet Breezy, here we come!"

"We're on our way!"

"Engage Warp Field Driver!"

A yellow cone at the tip of the Typhoon fires a portal in front of the ship.

"Warp field's ready! Let's go!"

The Typhoon flies through the portal, causing it to glow in rainbow colors and jump to hyperspace.

On the surface of the ice planet Breezy, there is a palace covered in ice. Within its walls, there is a control room. In the center of the control room, the red Chaos Emerald is encased in a machine. A crystal-themed Metarex appropriately named Metarex Crystal watches as the machine supercharges the Chaos Emerald, and laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Blue Typhoon emerges from hyperspace above Breezy. The blip on the radar is still flashing.

"There it is, guys, straight ahead. But it looks like rough weather. The whole planet's in the middle of a terrible snowstorm." Amy said.

"Maybe the Metarex have taken its Planet Egg away." Cosmo guessed.

"That would explain the weird weather they're having."

Tails pulls up a holo-image of the planet's surface. A blizzard is blowing across the surface of the entire planet.

"Everything looks so cold and lonely..." Cosmo said.

"Even so, we have to go down there and look for the Emerald. Ready, Sonic and Y/N?" Chris asked.