~ Chapter 47 ~

"We now go live to the office of the President." Scarlet said on TV.

"My fellow citizens, I have sad news to bring you this morning." President said on TV.

Shots of a sleeping Cream, Vanilla, and Amy are shown.

"Many months ago, a connection was established between Sonic's and Y/N's world and our own."

Shots of Tails and Chuck at work in the lab, a meditating Tanaka and Ella in the kitchen, are shown.

"Now regrettably, our connection must be severed forever."

Chris is not in bed. He is standing by the pool outside. Sonic runs by and stops on the other side of the pool. His speed causes a few leaves to blow around and the pool to ripple. Y/N soon came and landed perfectly with a triple flip.

"Morning, Chris!" Sonic greeted.

"Hi, Chris!" Y/N waved.

"Good morning, Sonic, Y/N." Chris greeted back.

"How's it goin', guy?"

"Everything alright?"

"Okay."

"We can go for a run later if you want to."

"Sure."

They stand there in silence as a leaf lands in the pool.

"Unfortunately, this is the last day we'll spend with Sonic, Y/N, and their friends. Tonight they must return to their own world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the dining room, Nelson, Lindsey, Chris, Amy, Cream, Cheese, and Vanilla are eating.

"Personally, I don't see why it's such a problem if time suddenly comes to a stop. If I don't get any older, I won't get any wrinkles." Amy said.

"But Amy, don't you think you would get bored if you were forced to live the same day over and over again forever and ever?" Vanilla asked.

"And if you don't get any older, you'll never get birthday presents." Cream added.

Ella and Tanaka enter.

"I didn't think of that." Amy said.

"I have school. See you later."

Chris gets up and leaves.

"Enjoy yourself." Tanaka bowed.

"Bye! Have a good time!" Nelson said.

"Take care, sweetie." Lindsey said.

In Chuck's lab, Tails and Chuck are building something.

"No good."

"I wonder what we're doing wrong?"

"On behalf of all our citizens, I extend our best wishes to Sonic, Y/N, and their friends." President continued over the TV as he clears his throat. "As you make the journey back to your home world, please remember that this world will never forget your acts of courage and heroism."

The TV is turned off by Card Passer, head of C.L.I.P. He kicks his feet up on his desk.

"What a blowhard! That mealy-mouthed gutless wonder should've done something to get rid of those freeloaders a long time ago. Why build an expensive machine to get rid of 'em when a couple of well-aimed missiles could do the trick?"

His phone rings, and he answers it.

"Passer here."

"Commander, we think Eggman is up to something." Agent said over the phone.