~ Chapter 6 ~

Chris is speaking to Cream and Cheese.

"...you too, Cheese. Stay inside while I'm gone, okay?"

"Okay."

"Chao."

"I'll see you later."

As Chris leaves the room, Cream and Cheese look sad. They sigh and head out onto the balcony.

"I don't want to stay inside. I want to go outside and play."

What she sees next excites her.

Sonic, Y/N, Amy, and Tails are gathered in the workshop as Tails examined the crystal Y/N gave him. Suddenly, the sound of Cream enjoying herself can be heard. Amy walks over to the window.

"That sounds like Cream and Cheese outside."

Tails joins her after giving Y/N back the crystal. They can see Cream down on the ground among the flowers.

"I wonder what she's doing out there, Amy."

"I bet Cream's out there gathering some flowers."

Sonic, who is resting on Chuck's chair with his eyes closed, opens his eyes.

"She knows we're supposed to stay inside while Chris is at school. What's so important about going outside to get flowers?"

"It's because she misses her mom.." Y/N answered. "She would always tell me about her and how much she loves her. Cream loves collecting flowers to make a flower crown."

"Of course she does. I just wish... I just wish we could do something to cheer her up." Amy sighed.

Sonic looks over to a poster on the wall. It is of Peace Park, which depicts a lake surrounded by flowers. He grabs the poster and exits through the trapdoor. Tails, Y/N, and Amy turn around.

"Sonic?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris is sitting at the table, with several poorly-cooked dishes in front of him. Lindsey arrives bringing in burnt pancakes.

"It's marvelous to be back in the kitchen again. On my movie sets, the chefs won't let me cook a thing! Here are your buttermilk pancakes, dear. Enjoy!"

She sets the pancakes down in front of him. Chris picks one of them up, and it crumbles in his hand. He sighs. Ella enters.

"Oh my! I smell something burning! Oh!"

She heads to the table to look at Lindsey's cooking.

"Oh, Ella, it's so good to be home again. I have an idea. Let's have a big party!"

"Party?" Chris asked.

They are unaware that Cream and Cheese are watching them.

"Yes, a dinner party tonight. We can all dress up! I'm sure Ella can prepare something absolutely scrumptious." Lindsey said full of excitement.

"A party's a great idea! And do you think you can invite your brother Sam to come over since he's my favorite uncle?"

Lindsey hugs Chris.

"Of course, darling! You can have anything you want! Anything at all for my adorable baby boy!"

"If we're having a party tonight, this calls for heavy-duty cleaning. Time to clear some clutter!" Ella said giggling, she runs out of the room.

"Wow, a party! This is great! I love parties!" Cream gasped.

"Chao chao!" Cheese said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~