~ Chapter 4 ~

Chris, Chuck, and Sonic, Y/N, and their friends are gathered in the workshop. They have told Chris how they got to Chris' world.

"So this Chaos Control created a warp in time and space, and that's how you guys ended up here. Hmm... I think I understand that much, but I still don't understand these Chaos Emeralds you guys are talking about." Chris said, trying to get this straight.

"You never heard of the Chaos Emeralds? Boy, you really do have a lot to learn, don't ya!" Tails said.

"Each Chaos Emerald is filled with a magical power, so you can imagine what would happen if you found all seven!" Amy explained.

Chuck turns around in his chair.

"But no one has found all seven Emeralds, and now it's highly improbable that anyone ever will find them."

"Why is that?" asked Cream.

"Well, you see, Cream, every one of the precious Chaos Emeralds has disappeared."

"That doesn't mean they're gone for good." Sonic said.

The others turn to him.

"He's right. Any time the seven Chaos Emeralds come together in one place, they scatter and disappear all over again." Y/N said. "There's always mysteries of where they are right now."

"Then that means they're all still out there someplace!"

Sonic gives a thumbs-up at Chris. "That's right."

"Only we don't have any way of knowing where. If they're on this planet, that's good; but if they're still on the planet we came from, we may never get home!"

Chuck yawns.

"Listen. If the Emeralds are somewhere on this planet, and if we can find some way to locate them all, maybe we'll be able to reverse that time warp! You guys will be back on your home planet before you know it. Right, Sonic?" Chris said.

"Yeah! No worries!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a construction site, a backhoe is loading dirt into a dump truck. On one of its scoops, a large green gemstone falls out of the scoop - a Chaos Emerald.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The President's Third Aide and Jerome Wise, another aide, are standing in front of the President's desk.

"President, we've found them." P.T.A. said.

"And? Where are they?" President eagerly asked.

"It seems the hedgehogs and their friends are staying with a family in Station Square, and our agents have traced Eggman to an island somewhere in the Southern Sea."

"Well, get going! I want them captured!"

"With all due respect, it might be best to keep them under surveillance so we can observe their behavior."

The President sighed.

"That's all well and good, but you had better pay special attention to that dangerous Eggman character!"

"We've already sent out a reconnaissance team, Mr. President. We'll be sure to report back any suspicious activities."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside Eggman's base, a rowboat pulls ashore, and a government official steps out of it. He waves a lantern as a signal to the government jet flying in the distance.