~ Chapter 3 ~

It is a beautiful day at the beach. A few people are playing volleyball. One man is surfing. One woman who is reading a magazine becomes aware of a movement in the water. But no one else seems to notice. The ball lands in the water - right onto the object the woman saw. The woman playing volleyball goes after the ball.

"That's okay; I've got it." the woman said.

Suddenly, the ball is flung up into the air by the mysterious object, which is revealed to be E-23 Missile Wrist, which stands up in the water. Everyone is staring at it. The ball finally lands on the woman's head. She then promptly screams at the sight of Missile Wrist, which fires a tethered missile at the lifeguard tower behind the woman who first saw the shape, causing that woman to flee. The missile also destroys a few cars. Everyone starts to flee. Missile Wrist destroys more property as Dr. Eggman appears in his Eggmobile.

"There's nothing more fun than making waves at the beach. Well, now that we've established a beachhead here, let's set our sights on the city!" Eggman grinned.

Outside the garage by Thorndyke Mansion, everyone is oblivious to the danger. Tails is power-washing the Tornado, and Chuck is with him. Cream and Cheese are enjoying donuts. Chris runs outside towards Tails.

"Hey, Tails!"

"What's wrong?" Tails asked.

"Where's Sonic and Y/N?"

"Sonic left this morning. He was going somewhere to explore... Downtown, I think. As for Y/N, she went out to go for a 'walk' for some fresh air and to explore as well, alone."

"If the police spot them, they'll try to catch them." Chris said full of worry.

"Catch Sonic and Y/N? I don't think so."

"I just hope they're careful..."

"Mmm, that's not his style. Sonic likes danger. As for Y/N, she knows how to be careful. She mostly just roll with it and always blend in."

Chris leans toward Tails.

"We have to bring them back! Right away!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere, Sonic is on a cliff, taking in the sight of the snow-capped mountain in front of him. He smirks, then takes off down the cliff face before leaping down into a deep valley.

As for Y/N, she is kate boarding and jumping onto every roof of the city with her light blue skateboard she bought earlier from the shop that's nearby and the cashier admired her from the TV news and promised to keep it a secret she asked him to. She was glad that the stranger took a liking to her, but hope that he will keep his promise or there will be consequences. But he was kind enough to let her buy the board she liked to pick. Oh, and Chris lets her borrow money just in case she needs it when she goes out.

 Oh, and Chris lets her borrow money just in case she needs it when she goes out