~ Chapter 1 ~

The tower's floodlights switch on, and several E-30 Laser Tanks make moves to protect the base from Sonic the Hedgehog, who is dashing their way along with his sister Y/N, who was rocket powered skating. The treaded robots move outside the gates, which promptly close. As soon as they come into range, the Laser Tanks open fire. As Sonic nimbly outruns the lasers, several turrets fire a hail of rockets at them. Y/N dodges the lasers and waltz jumped high and went back to skating. The rockets explode on the ground behind Y/N and Sonic as they used the Laser Tanks as leverage to leap inside the perimeter of Eggman's base, evading their laser fire as they ran or skated. Several E-12 Behemoth robots activate themselves and, leaping up, cut Sonic off, forcing him to break left along with her. One Behemoth began to chase them.

"You ready for this, sis?" Sonic smirked.

"You know it!" Y/N smirked back, bending her knees.

The Behemoth chases them down a tunnel. There is another Behemoth further down the tunnel, but they went to the left, causing the two Behemoths to run into each other and explode. On their way out, Sonic accidentally steps on a spring pad, which bounces both of them into the air. His body is met with the fist of a Behemoth which sends him flying. Miles "Tails" Prower and Amy Rose, who are both seated in the Tornado 2, witnesses this.

"Sonic! Y/N!" called Tails.

The Tornado swoops down, but takes a few hits by the turrets. Amy cringes at the hits, but then is horrified to see that the Tornado is on fire.

"Tails! The plane's on fire! What are we gonna do?!" Amy exclaimed.

"Don't worry!" he said and pulled the lever next to him.

The Tornado launches a rocket. It speeds toward the falling siblings, and its tip breaks off, revealing a Power Ring. It falls in the same area that they are falling. Sonic caught it and grabbed Y/N's hand. A moment later, there is a bright flash, and Sonic and Y/N barreled back toward the base. They spun right into the Laser Tanks, destroying them on the spot. They sliced through two Behemoths like butter. A third Behemoth tried to pin the hedgehogs down, but is uppercut when Sonic and Y/N flies up from underneath it. They broke through one of the tower's lights and entered the base.

Meanwhile, Tails prepares for a crash landing.

"Hang on, Amy!" Tails exclaimed.

The Tornado bounces a few times. Amy's eyes widen in horror, as there is a massive rock in their path.

"Ahh! We're gonna...CRASH!" Amy screamed.

"I KNOW!"

Suddenly, a spiked fist punches through the rock, shattering it completely. The plane safely skids to a stop. Tails looks up to see who saved them.

"Knuckles! Thank you!" he awed.

"Hmph!" Knuckles scoffed.

"What's the matter with him?" Amy asked.

Knuckles the Echidna's gaze is fixed on Eggman's base. Smoke rises from the robots that Sonic and Y/N had destroyed. Well, Knuckles think it was mostly Sonic's idea to do that and he doesn't blame Y/N for being in Sonic's mess.

"Overkill. Just like always." Knuckles said.

Inside Dr. Eggman's fortress, an alarm triggers, seemingly sealing all the interior doors inside the base. Dr. Eggman's hench-bots Decoe and Bocoe are looking at a radar. Decoe then turns toward his master.

"Doctor Eggman. The facility is in 100% lockdown." Decoe said.

"Why does that cursed Sonic and Y/N always get in my way?!" Eggman growled.