~ Chapter 40 ~

Various people are running around the park. Some of them are wearing Sonic-themed and Y/N-themed shirts. Scarlet Garcia is on the scene.

"City Park has been overrun -- overrun by fitness fans obsessed with running and skating. This new craze is all thanks to the hedgehog siblings, Sonic and Y/N. Their heroics are inspiring thousands of people to put on their jogging shoes and run for fun, or put on their roller skates and skate for fun. Some even tried to do rocket skating and make toys of Y/N's weapons to play."

She speaks to one of the runners.

"Why did you decide to take up running, sir?"

The man wipes his sweat.

"Uh, I don't know. Sonic has such a great time racing around, I thought I'd try."

She then speaks to one of the roller skaters.

"What about you? Why did you decide to take up skating, miss?"

The woman grinned.

"Because it's fun. I plan to do skateboarding that Y/N does for fun tomorrow. For another great exercising day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Thorndyke Mansion's living room, the TV is tuned to the news station. Cream and Cheese are playing with toy blocks, and Chris is reading. Vanilla is also present. Y/N is painting the father deer with the baby deer next to him that she encountered with back in the forest. Once she was done, she smiled in satisfaction.

"School officials and athletic coaches report that their track and roller skating programs are more popular than ever, and new records are being set daily

"School officials and athletic coaches report that their track and roller skating programs are more popular than ever, and new records are being set daily. Experts in sports psychology by the sudden turn of events-"

"SONIC!!"

Suddenly, an angry Amy storms into the room, causing the other to cower back.

"Hi, Amy." Chris nervously greeted.

"What's wrong?" Cream asked.

Amy leaps up onto the table.

"Alright, where are you hiding, Sonic? You better come out now!"

Chris cautiously approaches Amy.

"He's not here."

But Amy puts Chris in a headlock and draws her hammer.

"You can't fool me! I know you're hiding and Chris is covering for you, so come on out, Sonic!"

Y/N rushes over to Amy.

"Woah, woah! Amy! Chill! He's not covering for him!"

"Yeah! Sonic was here earlier, but he left, and he didn't say where he was going." Chris said.

"Chris is telling the truth, Amy!" Cream said.

"Chao!" Cheese said.

Amy releases Chris, and he sits on the ground and massages his neck. Y/N leans over to check on him. Amy kneels on the table in front of Chris.