~ Chapter 16 ~

It is nighttime, and a low-flying jet plane flies over the city. Knuckles stands at the bow of a small freight boat, arms folded. Y/N is next to him as she at the city.

"Are you sure you have to come with me? Didn't you tell Sonic about this?"

"I'm positive. Beside, going on a solo mission with you will be more fun. Plus, I told Tails to tell Sonic where I'm going and will be gone for a while. Hopefully, he won't freak out about it. I promise him that I'll come home safe and sound."

"Alright. And I hope he doesn't kill me if he sees you hurt..."

Now, Knuckles and Y/N are walking through the streets of the oriental city, ignoring the stares they are receiving. They walk up to a man.

"Hey, how do we get to Jack's place from here?"

"Ah, I know you two! You're that Sonic guy, and you must be Y/N, aren't you?" Man said.

Y/N giggled as Knuckles went mad.

"You must be crazy! I don't look anything like Sonic! I'm Knuckles!"

"I didn't mean to offend you, pal. We don't see many hedgehogs around here."

"Sorry, about my friend here. And yes, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you. We're on the mission here. Do you know where the Jack's place is from here?"

"Yeah. I'll lead you to where it is. It's an honor to meet you too, Y/N."

Man helped them as they follow him. Y/N gave those people and kids a wave and a wink, making them fanboy and girl scream in happiness. He then led them through a half-dozen dirty alleys right to Jack's place. Y/N thanked him for it.

Knuckles and Y/N enter the shop, receiving stares from one and all - including two spies: a tall one and a short one. They approached Fwan, who is behind the counter.

"We're looking for a guy by the name of Hawk."

But Fwan just stares. Y/N shyly wave at him.

"It's not polite to stare, pal."

"Sorry. I don't see many folks like you two around here." Fwan said. "You must be Y/N, right? It's nice to meet you."

"Pleasure."

"Never mind that. Have you seen Hawk or haven't you?" Knuckles asked.

"Nope. Name doesn't sound familiar."

"Do you know anyone that at least know Hawks? Please, it's important and we need to see him." Y/N said.

"Sorry, I wish I could help ya. But I don't know anyone that might know him."

"You're lying." Knuckles glare at Fwan.

"Knuckles!..." Y/N smacked him and noticed the men stood up from their seat and walk towards them.

They are all tough-looking men, known as the Bruiser Boys.

"Hey. The man told you he hasn't seen your friend. Now you can either thank him and get out, or me and my friends can show you two the way out." Bruiser Boy said.

Fwan ducks behind the counter.

"Well... Maybe you and your friends are the one who need to leave." Knuckles smirked.

"This is not good..." Y/N muttered, touching the handle of her katana.

"Oh, is that so? Well I'll show you, you dirty little--"

He lunges for Knuckles, but Knuckles trips him, and he lands behind the counter. He turns to the others, who cower in fear.

"I would not do that."