~ Chapter 2 ~

It is now daytime. Chris is out on the balcony, talking on the phone with his mother, Lindsey Thorndyke, while Sonic and Y/N are reclining on the roof above him.

"Oh, this picture has been a disaster, darling. A complete disaster! We've had to stop shooting because there's been torrential rain for days, so there's nothing I can do besides sit and wait. I don't think I'll be back until late next week at the earliest, but I've had plenty of time to go shopping, and I'm having lots of wonderful presents sent. I hope you'll like them. They're coming on Daddy's jet, so you should have them by tonight!" Lindsey said over the phone.

"Thanks, Mom! Mom, there's something I have to- Well, there's something I did which I'm kinda not supposed to." Chris said.

"Christopher, what happened?! Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. But remember how you said about how I'm not allowed to swim at night, and how you wanted me to stay away from the adult pool?"

Tanaka appears to place Chris' breakfast on the table and leaves.

"Did you go swimming in the adult pool at night by yourself?!"

"Uh... Well... Not exactly." he nervously said, looking up at Sonic and Y/N.

"You see, there were two 'cats' in the pool, and I got them out."

Sonic looks annoyed and Y/N shook her head with a smile, making Chris blush in embarrassment.

"Oh, you have a big heart, just like I do. Next time, ring for Mr. Tanaka, and he'll take care of things, all right? Oh darling, I must run. Kiss Mommy goodbye."

Lindsey and Chris make kissing sounds over the phone before hanging up. Chris scratches behind his head, relieved that the call is over. Sonic leaps down onto the railing and pointed to himself and his sister.

"Take a good look; we're hedgehogs, not cats!"

"Uh... I know. Please don't be mad. You see... my mom wouldn't understand."

"Why wouldn't she?"

Y/N leaps down and landed on the railing next to Sonic.

"I don't think anyone would believe him. Even if he did told them, they would think he's crazy for such things as two talking blue and light blue hedgehogs." she said.

"Really?"

"What else could I say to her? That reminds me... When and where did you guys learn to talk?"

"Good question... Unfortunately, I don't have a very good answer, as I don't remember." Sonic said, scratching his head. "Do you, sis?"

"Nope." she said shaking her head.

"Really?" Chris asked.

The phone rings. Chris answers it. It's his dad, Nelson Thorndyke.

"Hello?"

"Chris, is everything all right?" Nelson said over the phone.

"Hey, Dad! How are ya?"

"I'm fine, but your mother just called and told me you made an emergency rescue last night. I guess our security system can't protect against stray cats that decide they want to go for a moonlight swim. Chris, I know you like animals, but what you did was dangerous! Were you hurt? Did the cats scratch you while you were trying to save them?"

Sonic becomes annoyed again, this time more so than before. Y/N giggled at her brother's annoyance, making him glare at her.

"Mm-mm. No scratches at all. I'm fine, Dad. Honest, I am. It really wasn't that big a deal. After I jumped in and got them out of the water, they were really happy! I could tell." Chris said with a smile.