~ Chapter 56 ~

As the Blue Typhoon cruises onward, the red Chaos Emerald can be seen floating in space. Reflections of Shadow the Hedgehog can be seen on the Emerald.

"Shadow..."

A lengthy flashback from Showdown in Space begins. Y/N is pleading with Shadow with a shield from the crystal that protected her.

"It's useless. I made a promise to Maria, and I'm keeping it."

"Shadow, getting revenge won't bring Maria back. And you know it."

"So what?"

"There's still time to stop this, Shadow. Please, you have to listen to me! How can you blame people alive today for something that happened fifty years ago? Can't you see it's not fair?!"

The scene cuts to Super Sonic, Super Y/N, and Super Shadow holding back Space Station ARK.

"You can do it, Sonic, Y/N!" Tails cheered.

"Give it all you got, Shadow!" Eggman cheered.

"If you fail, the entire planet will be destroyed!" Rouge said.

"Tough it out, you guys!" Knuckles cheered.

"You can do it!" Amy cheered.

"Sonic! Y/N!" Chris shouted.

"Those people need you, Shadow..." Maria's voice said inside Shadow's head.

"I am Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog!"

Shadow casts off his limiters, greatly intensifying his strength.

"You ready?" Shadow asked.

"Yeah!" Y/N nodded.

"You bet! Here we come!" Sonic smirked.

They prepare their most powerful move as Y/N summoned her bow and arrow.

"Chaos!"

"Control!"

After the three hedgehogs use Chaos Control to to teleport the space station back into the atmosphere, Y/N is holding one of Shadow's limiters. Y/N begins to silently cry as one of her tears falls on the limiter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N gasped and woke up with a cold sweat. She looked around.

"It... It was all a dream..." she sighed, taking a deep breath.

An alarm light next to Y/N's bed flashes. She presses a button which answers the radio call she has just received.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, come to the bridge right away! I think we've found another one!" Tails said over the radio.

"Be right there."

She hangs up and sighs, rubbing her face. Y/N glances at her desk to see two limiters of Shadow's. Chris made another one of Shadow's limiters back in the Space Ark as he remembers and wants to give it to her. Y/N thanked him for that as it was nice of him to do that. Y/N then decides to put on the limiters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Tails sees Y/N entering the bridge.

"Hey, sis, it's coming from-- Huh?"

But she just walks past them and takes her seat. Sonic approaches her.