~ Knuckles the Echidna ~

Y/N decided to pay Knuckles a visit at Angel Island as she walks through the trees and made it to see the Master Emerald rebuild and shining very nicely with him sleeping. She giggled, knowing how tired he was from traveling into space. She decided to tease him for a bit. Y/N walked up the stairs quietly as her shadow looms over Knuckles' sleeping form and lean down towards his face. His snoozing sound were soft as his breathing goes up and down. She smiled at how cute he is. She lightly poked his face a little, making him grunt and sway his hand away like some fly bug was bothering him not knowing it was her. She poked him again and again and when he couldn't take it, he opened his eyes.

They show violet eyes as he glare up to who bothers his sleep and froze to see Y/N who's smiling down at him.

"Morning, sleepyhead."

He immediately sat up, backed away, and accidentally banged his head against the Master Emerald.

"Ow!!"

Y/N laughed loudly at how hilarious his reaction was.

"Sorry, sorry! I couldn't help myself! You were so funny!"

Knuckles rubbed his head.

"Geez! Don't just scare me like that!"

"I won't." she chuckled. "You wanna talk? I thought you might need some company. This place can be lonely when guarding the Master Emerald. You should build a house next to it that way you can watch it and maybe set up some traps where no one could bother try and steal it."

Knuckles looked at her impressed.

"I'd never thought of that. Maybe. I'll think about it. And I don't mind a company like you."

"Really? Even Sonic, Tails, Amy?"

He gave her a deadpan look.

"Not in a million years is Sonic and others are welcome here, except you. Don't want them messing around."

"They're not like wild children."

"You're more of a sensitive person who understand boundaries."

"Touche."

They both chuckled as they talk for a while as they sat together while watching the sun as it started to slowly go down. Knuckles took a glance at her as she was talking about trying to get Sonic into a water for a million times. She's as beautiful as Knuckles will always sees her as. Her quills along with her front hair sways from the breeze that made her sparkle under the sunlight. His gaze then fixed on her face, finding it hard to look away as those beautiful F/C orbs were filled with courage, kindness, and love. He loves her very much.

Y/N felt his gaze on her and turned to see him staring at her with those loving eyes, making her blush.

"Knuckles?"

"Yes, beautiful?"

"B-Beautiful?"

He realized what he said and turned away, feeling his cheeks hot in embarrassment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing and felt her heart melt.

"Nothing..."

He coughed himself to clear his throat and looked back at Y/N. He needs to tell her now.

"Y/N, there's something I want to show you." he said, standing up.

"Huh? Where?" she asked, looking at him in confusion.

Knuckles gently grabbed her hand, standing her up and running to the forest. This caught her offguard as she quickly gain her speed with him holding her hand still.