~ Chapter 45 ~

The crew of both the expedition ship and the Gun Fort V3 are gathered on the shore. While the expedition ship crew set up their equipment, the crew of the GUN Fort V3 are accosting Topaz.

"If you'd have put up a fight against Eggman instead of leting him capture you, we wouldn't be stuck here."

"Yeah. We had Eggman trapped, but he had you and your crew on board, so we couldn't destroy his ship."

"Don't act like that's what stopped you!!" Topaz yells in anger and runs off.

Y/N would have beaten the GUN pilots and gunners up if Rouge and Knuckles hadn't hold her back by grabbing her arms.

"Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!"

"Sis, calm down! You're acting wild!" Sonic said, waving his hands.

"I don't care! They show no care to those people who are held hostage!!"

"Y/N! Don't make it worse!" Knuckles tried to calm her.

"Y/N, sweetie. It's not worth it. Topaz and others aren't hurt, so that's a good thing." Rouge said.

Y/N stopped struggling and sighed, knowing she's right. Knuckles and Rouge slowly and cautiously release her as she took a deep breath.

"Better?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah... yeah..."

They looked back to see Tails and Chris as they discussed.

"But I know I could fly the X-Tornado down into the crater."

"It's too dangerous!"

"It's the only way to catch up with Eggman. I'm in." Sonic said.

"Me too." Y/N said.

Knuckles turned to Rouge.

"Rouge, what about you? You willing to come along?"

"Doesn't sound like I have a choice. If I stay behind, there won't be anybody left on the team to look after you." Rouge said.

"Ha. Very funny." Knuckles rolled his eyes.

"And also to look after you, cutie." Rouge turned to Y/N with a smirk, making her blush and Knuckles mad.

"Rouge..."

Meanwhile, Tanaka and Topaz return to Chuck and Dr. Cadberry.

"We have found something. Here, doctor."

Tanaka hands Dr. Cadberry a shiny metal box of some sort.

"Incredible! This bot seems to be made of ermurasium."

"What is ermurasium?" Chuck asked.

"It was an unusual metal that was used by the Murasians."

Dr. Cadberry opens the harahirecon box. Inside is a beautiful white gemstone. Immediately Rouge's eyes sparkle.

"Hel-lo..."

"Rouge, don't." Y/N narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry, can't help it. I'll try not to."

"Right..."

"According to my research, Murasian cities were filled with precious gemstones even larger than this one."

Dr. Cadberry holds up the gem.

"Amazing..."

"I never knew archaeology could be so fascinating." Rouge said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tails and Chris are seated in the X-Cyclone. Sonic, Y/N, Knuckles, and Rouge stand on the wings.