~ Chapter 27 ~

The X-Tornado was repaired and prepares to take off.

"Ready for takeoff, Sonic and Y/N?" Tails asked.

"Ready!"

"Oh, yeah!"

The X-Tornado takes off.

"I only hope that they'll be able to find Amy. With Eggman and those crazy robots of his, who knows what could happen to her." Chuck said, looking to where the X-Tornado had gone.

"I'm sure Sonic and Y/N won't give up until they bring her back here safe and sound." Tanaka said.

"Sure."

"Do you think she's okay?" Cream asked, thinking about Amy.

"Chao chao..."

"Don't you worry, Cream. I'm sure she's just fine." Ella assured her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the X-Tornado, Tails' head is still bandaged from before.

"You shouldn't try to take on Eggman so soon." Sonic said.

"Yeah, what if you get hurt again? You should rest more." Y/N added.

"I feel fine. I can handle him, guys."

"You're a great pilot, Tails, but Y/N and I better do this alone."

Unknown to Tails, Sonic opens the door.

"Wait, Sonic. We are a team. We have to figure out where Eggman took Amy. It'll be easier with two of us looking. Amy's prpbably in danger, and there's no time to lose. Let's both look, Sonic. I know we can find her."

"I guess we do have a better chance working together." Sonic said.

"Right! We're a team!"

Tails now notices that Sonic is standing outside the craft. Y/N was sitting in the backseat with Tails in front of her.

"But if you're staying in the plane, how come you're outside?"

"It's more fun to ride the X-Tornado outside in the open air."

"Okay, you better hold on tight."

Sonic gives him thumbs up and winks.

"Yeah!"

The X-Tornado increases its speed.

"Hold on, Amy. We'll find you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knuckles glides to the base of one of the mystic ruins, then runs inside. He spies a shard of the Master Emerald above him. He leaps up and grasps it. Doing so triggers a vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N immediately felt her crystal started to trigger and took her into a vision as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where am I?"

Knuckles looks around and sees that he is at the Master Emerald shrine in the past.

"Knuckles."

He turned to see Y/N here too.

"I guess you found another shard. I wonder what's happening."

"Let's go and find out."

They walk up to the shrine and comes closer and sees Tikal and several Chao at the base of the shrine.