~ Chapter 33 ~

Eggman and his gang are now in Prison Island where Sonic was arrested as Eggman in his Eggmobile is right now in the forest after bombing missiles on the security building. He is hovering idle with his hands clasped behind his head.

"I wonder if I'm pushing my luck, breaking into the place a second time." he said and his communicator screen activates.

"Perhaps. The security on the island has been upgraded since your last visit. You must be careful. When they restore communications, they will send robots to stop your team." Decoe said through the screen.

"Their robotic designs are greatly improved. With their new defenses, it will be almost impossible to enter that compound again." Bocoe added through the screen.

"Well, nothing is going to stop me from breaking in and taking those Chaos Emeralds. Shadow said I need to obtain all seven Emeralds in order for the Eclipse Cannon." Eggman said.

"But are you sure it's worth the risk, Doctor?" asked Decoe.

"Once I get that cannon working, I'll be unstoppable!" Eggman grinned.

Shadow, Y/N, and Rouge arrive. Y/N was wearing a silver bracelet on her left wrist while Shadow was wearing the same bracelet on his right wrist. Before they arrive, Eggman placed the bracelets on Y/N and Shadow to keep her to stay by Shadow's side all time so she wouldn't escape. He told her that every time Shadow moved far away, she had to follow him by force when her bracelet blinked red if she's not close to Shadow. Tricky, eh?

"Okay, Eggie. Fill me in." Rouge said.

"According to Rouge, the Chaos Emeralds are stored in a vault inside the compound. I must have them." Eggman said.

"No prob. Just leave it to me." she smirked.

"Do not trust her!"

"She wants it for herself!"

Eggman shuts off the screen in annoyance.

"They get on my nerves. Let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we? In the first phase of my plan, I'll go around the island wreaking havoc and drawing the guards from their posts, clearing the way for you three to enter the compound. Then, Shadow and Y/N move in. He'll blow up the whole island by sneaking into the weapons center and setting off all the ammunition stored there with this miniature detonation device. While Y/N keeps an eye for any guards that get in their way and she has to hit them."

He tosses a time bomb to Shadow, who nods.

"Meanwhile, Rouge will proceed to the warehouse where the Chaos Emeralds are locked away and remove them. We will then meet up at the rendezvous point and make our escape. We have exactly thirty minutes. If you run into trouble, you're on your own."

Shadow and Rouge nod while Y/N crossed her arms with a scowl on her face. Shadow glared at her, making her sigh and nodded.

"Let's go!"

The four take off. Soon Eggman fires several missiles at the facility. Various GUN robots emerge to attack Eggman, but he nimbly dodges their attacks and fires back in return.

The X-Tornado flies into the vicinity.

"What's going on?" questioned Tails.

"It looks like somebody's fighting." Amy guessed.

"We'd better get down there and find Sonic!" Hikaru exclaimed who was in the X-Tornado with them. "And find Y/N! Who knows what's gonna happen to her!"

Hikaru convinced them to let him join because he can't stand having someone like Sonic to be in jail and Y/N to get captured by Shadow. He wanted to help and do what's right. The X-Tornado lands near Rouge, Y/N, and Shadow, and Amy throws herself at Shadow, thinking he is Sonic.