~ Chapter 59 ~

In the Crimson Egg Cockpit, two alternating blips appear on Eggman's radar.

"Haha! Looks like I hit the jewel jackpot. I found two Chaos Emeralds!" Eggman laughed.

Decoe counts on his fingers.

"Hmm, let me think... We already have two Emeralds, and Sonic has three more..."

"Plus these two equals seven. All the Chaos Emeralds have been found! You are brilliant, Doctor!" Bocoe added.

"Yes, I know."

"Don't pat yourself on your back yet."

Eggman immediately covers the radar screen.

"Rouge! What are you doing here?"

"Just having a little look-see around."

Rouge slowly moves Eggman's hands, revealing the radar.

"Hold on!"

"Doctor, have you found some Emeralds?"

"I hope she doesn't tell Dr. Eggman my secret..." Bokkun quietly said, feeling scared.

"I wasn't attempting to keep my discovery from you. I meant to call you up to the bridge. It's just that in all the excitement, I forgot that you were interested in the Chaos Emeralds too. You know how absent-mind we geniuses can be."

Shadow looks on impassively.

"So... where are they?" Rouge asked again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a giant asteroid-shaped Metarex space station floating in the midst of an asteroid field. The Crimson Egg hides behind an asteroid.

"There are two Chaos Emeralds inside that Space fortress. We've got to seize them!" Eggman suggested.

"But how Doctor?" Decoe asked.

"That is a Metarex base. It will have a heavy-duty security system!" Bocoe said.

"How do you plan to get in there? It's not like you can go up and knock on the door. If they spot us, we'll be space toast." Rouge pointed out.

"Let's see." Eggman said.

A claw extends out of the Crimson Egg and grabs a loose rock from the asteroid the ship is hiding behind. The claw throws the rock toward the Metarex base. Several laser batteries blast at and destroy the rock. Decoe and Bocoe huddle in fear.

"The defense system is perfect."

"Yeah, so what are you going to do?" Rouge asked.

"What am I going to do? I'm going to give up."

Decoe and Bocoe stop huddling.

"You must be kidding! You're giving up when the treasure is right before your eyes? You have an I.Q. of 300! Think of something!" Rouge exclaimed.

"I know you're trying to get the better of me, but I won't let you!"

Rouge turns to Decoe and Bocoe.

"You too! Instead of doing nothing, think of something!"

"Thought you say that..." Bocoe said.

"We can't think of anything!" Decoe exclaimed.

They look warily out the window.

"Don't try to change the subject!" Rouge glared.

"That's now what we're doing! Dr. Eggman!" Decoe said, pointing at something ahead.