~ Chapter 12 ~

A crowd has gathered around a giant screen to see the President deliver his speech. Danny and Hikaru are in the crowd.

"My fellow citizens, the assault against the headquarters of Dr. Eggman has begun. Our military forces will press on until Eggman is no longer a threat to the world. We will not fail. Dr. Eggman must be stopped now!" President said.

"Whoa... This'll be a heavy-duty fight." Danny said.

"I hope Y/N and Sonic are okay." Hikaru said.

At the vicinity of Eggman's base, a hail of missiles is launched at the incoming wave of fighter jets. Knuckles is hiding inside one of the jets. As the missile is launched, Knuckles rides it toward the fortress, leaping off of it and clinging to the outside of the fortress right before the missile explodes. He then begins to scale the building.

Inside Eggman's base, Y/N, Rouge, Topaz, and their troop proceed through the fortress until Rouge stops them.

"Hold it."

"Why did we stop?" Topaz asked.

"Because we're about to get a visit from Eggman's welcome wagon."

As if on cue, an E-12 Behemoth approaches them.

"I'll take it!"

Rouge flies toward the Behemoth.

"That's my line!"

Y/N brought out her giant fist whip and jumped after her.

"Rouge! Y/N!"

Rouge dodges a punch from the Behemoth, then leaps to the other side, and dodges another punch. Y/N spun the giant fist and swung it at the robot's head, knocking them backward.

"Hurry! Set the charge!" Rouge ordered.

Topaz attaches an explosive device to the Behemoth.

"Okay!"

Rouge gives a wink and her and Y/N gave her a thumbs-up before Topaz presses the button. The device explodes, causing the Behemoth to fall through the floor. Topaz, Y/N, and Rouge high-five and they ran down the hall and arrived at a door.

"There!"

Suddenly, a Behemoth breaks through the wall behind them.

"There's another one?!"

"Don't sweat it, sweetie. Y/N and I'll handle this robot. You lead the team to the generator room and set the charges."

"Alright, guys, follow me!" Topaz nodded.

Y/N and Rouge take on the Behemoth as Topaz leads the troops toward the power station. But a platform full of Guardbots rises up from the floor in front of them. Rouge and Y/N are struggling with the Behemoth.

"Missed me, slowbot!"

The Behemoth suddenly grabs her.

"Rouge!" Y/N shouted.

Rouge becomes steamed, then delivers a powerful kick to the robot, sending it reeling. They then saw Topaz and her officers ducking under the Guardbots' laser fire. Suddenly, Knuckles breaks through the wall.

"Knuckles!" Rouge and Y/N shouted.

Y/N quickly hid her giant fist whip behind her back and you could see under her helmet she's sweating, feeling nervous. But at the same time, her helmet did help keep her identity safe, so there's no way he'll recognize her. Knuckles punches through the Guardbots, destroying them.

"Wow, thank you. You're one of Sonic's and Y/N's friends, aren't you?" Topaz said with a grateful smile.

"We're not friends! At least not me and Sonic." Knuckles said.