~ Chapter 35 ~

As the shuttle enters space, Rouge speaks to Eggman on the computer's screen.

"Looks like your boys really goofed, didn't they, Doc?"

"None of your business!"

"Fine. Let's launch the counterattack. How about giving me the password for the colony?"

"M-A-R-I-A. 'Maria'. That's the magic word. Meanwhile, I'll be standing by on Crazy Gadget."

Eggman vanishes from the screen.

"Fooling that old fool oughta be a snap. All right, let's start hacking."

Rouge enters the password.

"Maria. M-A-R-I-A. Let's see what pops up here."

Several boxes appear on the screen.

"Come on, come on..."

She locates an entry on Project Shadow.

"Ah, here we are. Project Shadow: top secret. Sounds exciting. 'The ultimate creature development project.' Sure sounds juicy to me... 'Shadow... Sealed off...?' But how? If that's true... then who's he?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the Space Colony ARK, Shadow looking out the viewport, while Y/N is sitting next to him. Let's just say it is a nice silence between them as he had thoughts. Y/N glanced at him, wondering if he's feeling okay. Sonic's shuttle is soon visible among the asteroids outside.

"Here comes your brother."

Instantly, Y/N stood up and looks out the window.

"Sonic?"

"He'd be a fool to challenge me."

"No, he's not! He will win!"

"You'll see I'm right. This is one battle your brother cannot win."

Y/N went silent as they both look out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Intuder alert. Sector M14. Intruder alert. Sector M14."

The crashed shuttle can be seen on the computer's screen.

"I wonder who that could be..." Rouge said.

Elsewhere, Tails is piloting the X-Cyclone through the halls.

"Sure is a lonely place." Amy said.

"I never seen such a big ship. It must been abandoned." Chris said.

"We have a big problem. How do we destroy that weapon when we find it?" Sonic said.

"Here. Why not give this a try?"

Tails hands Sonic the fake Chaos Emerald.

"A Chaos Emerald?"

"Well, it's not a real one. I made a copy to help power the X-Tornado. It's doesn't have the power of a real Chaos Emerald, but if we put it in with a real one, it might cause some kind of reaction and mess up the whole system."

"Okay! If this little baby does the trick, it'll be goodbye Eclipse Cannon!"

They reach the center of a room. Unknown to them, Eggman, Decoe, and Bocoe are hiding nearby. They utilize a large claw from the Eggmobile.

"Hey! What's that?" Sonic asked.

The claw speeds toward the back seats of the X-Cyclone, where Chris and Amy are, which grabs Amy.