Prologue

1969

"Come on Lils, we should be doing something fun!" I was currently sitting under the shade of a tree with my sister. Our parents had taken us out for a day out in the park to enjoy our weekend, but that was the last thing we were doing.

"This is fun." She just answered back without lifting her gaze from the book in her hands. Clearly our definitions of fun are completely different. "No it's not. We're just sitting here while you're reading a book, it's boring." She just kept reading her book, completely ignoring me.

I huffed and stood up. "I'm going to explore the woods. Can you cover me with mum and dad please?" I asked her giving her my best puppy eyes. She rolled her eyes at me before nodding. "Just don't go too far okay?" I smiled at her. "I won't make any promises!" I shouted back at her as I ran.

Lily is my twin sister, she's only ten minutes older than I am, but she takes her role as the protective big sister quite seriously. Though she's not even the oldest in our family, our other sister, Petunia, is by two years

As I was walking through the edge of the woods I noticed a boy, who must've been around my age, sitting behind a fallen tree trunk. "Hello." I saw him jump a little before turning to look at me. He had shaggy brown hair, pale skin, and he looked quite skinny.

"Um hello." He said back shyly. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" He seemed a bit surprised at my question but nodded nonetheless. I smiled and sat down beside him. "What are you doing here anyway?" He turned to look at me. "Nothing really. I was just sitting here eating my chocolate before you came."

I couldn't help but light up at the mention of chocolate; it was my favorite snack. "You?" "Oh well I was with my sister, but I got bored and decided to explore." "Explore?" He asked, quite confused.

"Yes of course. It's fun, and I'm always looking for a new adventure." We didn't say anything for a while before I spoke again. "Would you like to come with me?" He looked at me before answering. "Okay."

I stood up and so did he. "I'm Primrose Evans by the way." I said offering my hand to him. He smiled before taking my hand and answering. "I'm Remus. Remus Lupin."

After hours of walking around the forest and getting to know each other I could hear my parents and Lily yelling my name from a distance. "Well, I guess it's time that I leave." I said looking at Remus. "Yeah I should get going too." I stood there for a while before giving him a hug. "I think we're going to be great friends."

I pulled back and started walking towards the voices yelling my name. "Bye Remus!" I shouted behind me. "Goodbye Prim." I walked away not noticing the smile on his face, unknowing to the fact that I had just become his very first friend.

After saying goodbye to Remus I walked over to where my parents and Lily were waiting. "Where were you honey?"  My mum asked. "You already know the answer mum." Even though they always tell me to stay close to Lily or not to go too far I never listen, they know I never do. She smiled at me before grabbing my hand as the four of us started walking towards the car.

"Did you have fun?" "Yes, oh and I also made a new friend." "Me too!" Lily said, turning around. "Really?" I asked my sister. "Yes, his name is Severus." What a weird name.

Ever since we were born, me and Lily have done everything together, we've never been apart for too long. So I'm happy that we each made some friends of our own.

August 6th 1971

It was sometime around midnight and I was sitting on the window ledge in my room looking outside. I was always more of a night owl and I just couldn't fall asleep.