Second Year 1972

Chapter Eight

The first Friday of November arrived and it was once again Sirius's birthday. We sang to him in the Great Hall during breakfast, something that had become a birthday tradition in our little friend group, and would stick for the following years.

After a long day of classes, and doing whatever Sirius wanted after them, we were all settled in the Gryffindor common room for our sleepover. Once again Sirius laid in the middle with James and Peter on one side, and me and Remus on the other.

James and Peter were laughing and joking, Remus was quietly reading a book, and Sirius and I were talking.

"Prim, can you sing something?" My mum always said I had a great voice despite my young age though I always believed she said it because she's my mum, but if Sirius was asking me to sing for a second time then maybe, she was right.

"What do you want me to sing?" "Same as last time." I was about to start singing when James laughed really loud. "Oi James will you shut up. Prim is going to sing and I can't hear her over your horrible laugh." Sirius said, making me giggle.

"Hey! Wait, what do you mean to sing?"  This brought up the attention of the other two boys. "What do you think, you bloody idiot? But she's singing for me."

"Oi that's not fair I want to hear her too!" Exclaimed James, pushing up his glasses and crossing his arms. "Me too!" Said Peter. "Boys there's no need to fight, I'll sing for all of you." I assured them.

The four of them settled into their sleeping bags, and so I started to sing. "Somewhere over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby."

As I finished the song the boys had already fallen asleep and the only thing I could hear was Peter's quiet snores. I turned on my side and to my surprise Remus was still awake.

"Why did you never tell me you could sing?" "I just never thought it was a big deal." He gave me a small smile. "Sirius seems to think it is important." I shoved his shoulder and rolled my eyes. "Shut up Rem, just go to sleep."

The next day I woke up and the boys were still sleeping. I quietly laughed at the scene. James was laying starfish with one hand on Peter's face and the other on Sirius's stomach. Remus was tucked half of his body in his sleeping bag, half of it out, Sirius's hair was all over his face, and he was drooling just a little.

Not wanting to wake the boys up I carefully crawled out of my sleeping bag, put on my slippers, and picked up my wand. I decided to put up a note on the wall so the boys would know where I went when they woke up.

I left the Gryffindor common room and made my way to my own. When I arrived it was already filled with students either doing homework or just chatting. I spotted Alice sitting in an armchair in the corner and walked up to her.

"Good morning Alice." "Oh hey Prim. How was the sleepover?" She asked, closing her book. "It was really fun. You know the boys, there's never a dull moment when you're with them."

"Well, do you want to go down for breakfast?" "That sounds wonderful, just let me change and we'll go." I left Alice in the common room and went upstairs to our dorm.

****

James was the first to wake up out of the four boys. He groggily rubbed his eyes, picked up his glasses, put them on and looked around. Sirius and Remus were still in the same position Prim had found them when she woke up, and Peter was curled in a ball, but Prim was nowhere to be found.

"Lads, wake up!" He said, patting Sirius's face and throwing a pillow at Remus's head. "Wake up Prim is gone, she's gone!" His outburst made the other three boys sit up.

"Merlin James, why are you shouting so early in the morning?" Sirius asked, though it was already half past eleven o'clock in the morning. "Prim is gone. What if something happened to her, what if someone took her, what if-" James kept rambling.

"Oh for Merlin's sake James, we're at Hogwarts nothing wrong could've happened to her. There's got to be a logical explanation of where she's gone." Said Remus, the voice of reason as always.

Just as he said that Peter, who had already stood up after noticing something in the wall, spoke up. "Remus is right. She left a note saying she's going to spend time with Alice." Sirius turned back to James and hit him on the back of the head.

"Oi what was that for?" "You see. There was no need for you to panic. Don't be so over dramatic James."

****

We spent the whole morning together, Lily and Marlene joined us for a while and we spent the time chatting, and walking around the school grounds. The weather was already getting cold and I'm sure snow will start falling soon.

At half past two I left the girls to go and see what the boys were doing. It wasn't difficult to find them because they were exactly where I thought they would be. Sitting under the shade of a tree near the Black Lake. The place had become our spot last year and it will stay that way until we leave Hogwarts.

As I walked closer I heard Peter. "See James, she's right there. Nothing happened to her." He said while pointing his hand in my direction. "Do I even want to know?" I asked sitting down.

"As always, our dramatic friend James had a little freak out when he woke up and didn't see you." Sirius explained. "Oh bugger off. I was worried, okay." I laughed at James' pouty face.

"I'm glad someone cares about me, Jaimsie." I said, messing even more with his mop of black hair. "Oi don't call me that."

"Did you have fun with Alice?" Remus asked, starting the conversation once again. Before I could answer, Sirius spoke. "Do tell us, is she more fun than us?" I smiled at Sirius' remark, and choice of words. No matter how much he tried he couldn't escape his pure blood upbringing. I rolled my eyes. "Merlin, I'm starting to believe I'm not the only dramatic person in this group."

"And don't be so dramatic, Sirius. I spent all night with you boys, and as much fun as I have with you, I do need to spend some time with other girls so you don't drive me crazy."

"What are you lads doing for Christmas?" Asked James, and we all answered the same thing, go back home. "I was thinking you should come over, there's plenty of room in my house and it would be a lot of fun." Remus was the first to answer. "I would really like to go, James, but I can't because my parents already said I have to go back home." I looked at his almost painful smile and I knew the real reason why he couldn't go.

"I don't think my mother will let me escape the duties of being a Black, I'll have to attend all the boring parties and balls filled with mean old people." "Maybe I could visit you James, but only for a few days, mum always talks about how important it is to spend time with your family during the holidays." "That's great Pete, if you can you let me know okay?" He nodded, and James turned to look at me. "What about you Prim?" "Uh well my parents are still not used to this whole being away for school thing, and it's the only time I get to see them. Maybe next year?" James smiled and nodded. "Just you wait until we spend our first Christmas together, it is going to be the most fun you ever have."

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.