Second Year 1972

Chapter Seven

I took the parchment from the owl's leg and quickly unfold it. The letter contained a reminder of the time the train leaves, the date we are expected at Hogwarts and a list of supplies. At the bottom of the list in big letters you could see the following words:

IN LIGHT OF EVENTS WHICH OCCURRED LAST YEAR IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT FIRST YEAR STUDENTS ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BRING THEIR OWN BROOM.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall.

I laughed. There is no doubt in my mind that McGonagall decided to implement this rule after witnessing James's catastrophe of a birthday quidditch match. He was really lucky we were in our second year now, because if not I'm a hundred percent certain he would throw a tantrum about not being able to join the quidditch team.

The next week me and Lily went along with our mum to buy our supplies, and now that I think about it, it was the first time Lily and I spent time together without any of the boys.

I forgot how much time together we used to spend before Hogwarts, before we took our separate ways, but as we talked, laughed and caught up on everything that has happened I realized no matter how long we are apart we will always be friends because in the end we are sisters first.

When we arrived at King Cross station we headed in different directions, but not before agreeing that this year we will make a little more effort to spend time together. Remus and I walked to our usual compartment and as soon as we opened the door we were met with loud voices and laughs. Sirius was nowhere to be seen, but I suspect he's probably sitting with his brother.

"Oi you're finally here!" James grinned, pushing his glasses up his nose. "Thank Merlin. He's been saying he will tell us all about his summer since we stepped on the train, but insisting only after you arrived." Peter said. We walked inside and closed the door.

As soon as the train started to move James began telling us about his summer, then it was Peter, and finally Remus and I. As expected their reactions were priceless as we told them about Snape, and they couldn't stop laughing at Remus's impression of him.

"Oi James, you should be glad we're in second year and you get to bring your broom." Remus said after we stopped laughing. "I was actually wondering why they made up that new rule." Peter said. "Well it's quite obvious Pete, it's James's fault!" Remus exclaimed.

"Mine!?" He asked bewildered. "Oh come on James. It's quite obvious Minnie decided to make that rule after she saw what happened to us when you made us have a quidditch match for your birthday." I explained it to him.

"Since when do you call McGonagall Minnie?" Remus added. "Since now." "I actually like it." Peter said, and James agreed.

This year instead of the boats we were taken by the horseless carriages up to the Hogwarts front doors. As soon as we arrived I ran out of my carriage, leaving the boy's behind, and went looking for Alice. I looked between the sea of students, focusing on those who were wearing black and blue until I spotted her familiar smiling face.

"Alice! She looked around until her eyes found me. "Prim!" We both sprinted to greet each other with a hug. "Oh I missed you so much." "Me too, you have to tell me all about your vacation in Germany." "And you have to tell me about what you did." "Oh Alice there's not much to tell." She rolled her eyes at me, but gave me a smile.

Me and Alice talked about everything and anything that happened over the summer. I love how easy it was to talk to her, it is almost like talking with Lily, everything just feels natural between us.