Fifth Year 1975

Chapter Thirty Five

The next morning there was a light skip in my walk and a love sick grin on my face as I made my way over to the Gryffindor table. Last night was my first ever Halloween party, a successful one at that, and to top the night off I had kissed a boy I really like. In teenage standards my life is bloody amazing.

As I approached the table I half expected to be surrounded by loud chatter and wild stories of last night's party, but I was surprised to discover that it was only Remus who was there. "Good morning." I said plopping down on my seat and dropping my bag unceremoniously on the floor. "What's got you in such a chipper mood?" Remus asked with an amused grin adorning his face. Before I could answer, a figure sat down next to me. It was Amos.

He was sitting sideways each leg over one side of the bench with his elbow propped up on the table, and his head resting on his hand. "Good morning darling." I blushed at the pet name. "Good morning Amos." That cute lopsided grin never seemed to leave his face. "So I was wondering, we could meet up later today and spend some time after the quidditch game. What do you say?" "I would love to." His smile grew. "Alright then. See you later darling." He said, kissing my cheek and standing up. I stayed there dazed until a voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Never mind, now I know why." I turned my head to look at Remus, I had completely forgotten he was there. "What?" Remus rolled his eyes. "I mean, now I know why you're so cheerful despite the fact that it is before 10 in the morning." I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you on about?" Remus rolled his eyes. "In you walk with the biggest smile ever, while every other day you would be sulking and complaining about how inhumane it is for them to make you get out of bed so early in the morning, but suddenly a handsome lad by the name of Amos walks in, and there it is, mystery solved." He said. "Oh shove off Remus." He laughs.

"Nonetheless I'm glad to see you're happy. I told you this thing with Sirius would pass. It was just a silly little crush." He said it like it was nothing, biting off his toast. "Yes, just a silly crush." I said laughing half heartedly, but why did it stung when he said it? Brushing it off I smiled before asking. "Speaking of, where are the lads?"

"Prongs is once again trying to swoon your sister off her feet while Wormtail and Padfoot followed him claiming they didn't want to miss on what would probably be his fifth rejection this morning alone." I shook my head smiling. James Potter sure knows how to never give up, or rather take a hint.

As if being summoned an enraged red head, who made sure to sit as far away from this particular part of the table as possible, entered the Great Hall followed by three boys. Two of which were doubling up in laughter, and the other one who resembled a kicked puppy holding something in his hands.

All three of them sat down. "I got to tell you Prongs, you definitely made my morning a lot better." Sirius said, starting to put food on his plate. "Tell me James, why do you keep asking her if you know she'll say no?" Peter asked after finally being able to suppress his laugh. "Because she will say yes someday. I WILL marry that girl!" James exclaimed so sure of himself which only made his two friends laugh again. He turned to look at me. "I will marry her." He said in a whisper. "You believe me don't you Prim?" I smiled softly at him, taking his broken glasses out of his hands. "Of course I do James, but if she fails to see what an amazing lad you are then it will be her loss." I said fixing his glasses and putting them back on top of his nose.

"So friends, what are our plans after the game?" Sirius asked. James and Peter started rambling ideas before I interrupted. "I'm sorry boys but, you'll have to do it all without me." "Why?" Sirius asked, but before I could answer Remus replied. "Oh because she has a date with Mr. Handsome: Amos Digorry." James turned to look at me and started rambling like an old grandma. "Oh things are getting serious. Is our little Paws ready to fly out of the nest? Peter hand me that napkin will you? I think I'm about to cry." Peter chuckled and threw him the napkin, Remus just rolled his eyes at James's antics.