First Year 1971

Chapter Three

A few more names were called and more first years were sorted into their houses, until I heard the name I was certain came before mine.

"Lily Evans!"

I watched my sister walk up to the stool and waited a few seconds before she was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Primrose Evans!"

After refusing to let go of Remus's hand, which I had been holding since we stepped on the boat, I felt him giving me a reassuring squeeze before finally letting it go as I walked up to the stool.

I was sitting there in silence until a voice spoke up. "Mhmm we're should I put you? Loyal to a fault, charismatic, a great thirst for adventure but also for knowledge, better be... Ravenclaw!"

The blue and bronze table started clapping as they welcomed me with open arms and I sat down. I had been the first to be placed on Ravenclaw, then a boy, and now the girl who sat on the front was also sorted into our house. She walked over and sat down next to me. "Hello I'm Alice." She had this round face with the biggest smile that  just radiated friendliness and happiness. "I'm Prim, nice to meet you." "You too." We kept talking as the Sorting continued.

Remus, Peter and James had all been sorted in Gryffindor, and Snape, although not surprising, was sorted into Slytherin. After the ceremony ended the empty plates at the table had been filled with all kinds of foods, and once more I was stunned at what I just saw.

After a very enjoyable meal and a few words from the school's headmaster we were led, by our house prefects, all the way to the west side, up the fifth floor and into Ravenclaw tower, where they told us that to enter we needed to solve a riddle. Somehow all of our trunks had been taken up to the tower and been placed in our designated dorms. I was lucky to find I shared mine with Alice, and three other girls.

Next day I was woken up by someone shaking my shoulder. "Prim. Prim come on wake up or you'll miss breakfast." I opened my eyes to see it was Alice who was waking me up. I stood up still half asleep and once I was dressed in my school uniform me and Alice made our way towards the Great Hall.

As we were walking I got to learn more about Alice. She was an only child who always wished to have siblings. I got to know her more, and  she's very kind, smart and also funny. When we reached the entrance to the hall I turned around to ask her. "Do you want to go and sit at the Gryffindor table with me? You can meet my sister."

She looked surprised but nodded nonetheless. Just as she had told me she was an only child, I told her about Lily and Petunia. I had also told her about Remus, and meeting the other three boys I already considered my friends.

We made our way to the Gryffindor table instead of our own. I saw Lily sitting there talking with another girl, when she looked up and saw me the brightest smile lit up her face. "Prim!" I grinned back at her and sat down.

"Oh Prim there so much I want to tell you. This morning when I woke up it felt weird not seeing you in the bed next to mine. I wished we could've talked yesterday about all that happened. Oh and..." Lily tends to ramble a lot when she's excited. "Lils calm down, we have plenty of time to catch up." I said as me and Alice sat down across her and her friend.

"Alice, this is my crazy sister Lily, and Lily this is my new friend Alice." I said, gesturing between the two of them. "It's so nice to meet you. Oh this is my friend Marlene." She said pointing to the blonde girl beside her who waved. "And Marlene as you heard she's my twin sister Primrose." "But everyone calls me Prim." I interjected. She waved at me and smiled.

As I looked up and down the Gryffindor table I noticed that Remus wasn't here yet, or James, or Sirius, or Peter for that matter. I chatted with the girls for a few minutes before I saw them walk through the big oak doors.

James as always, was walking with a smile and his chest puffed up, Sirius seemed to recover from his shock yesterday, and was walking besides James, his step graceful and elegant, head held high, and proudly wearing the scarlet and gold colors.

Peter was fidgeting with his hands but he held his head high, Remus looked pretty calm, but I knew better. He had a secret weapon you see, he had the face of an angel but he could be a real trouble maker if he wanted to.

"Hey Alice I'm going to go say hi to the boys, would you like to come?" She looked unsure and then answered. "I would rather stay here if you don't mind." "It's fine. I'll see you later okay?" She nodded and I made my way over to the boys. "Hello boys." I said sitting down besides Remus, who was next to Peter, and across from James and Sirius.

"Prim! Good to see you, too bad you weren't sorted in Gryffindor huh?" How James could be so cheerful so early in the morning was beyond me. "Oh James you're just jealous she's clearly smarter than you." We all laughed at Peter's comment. James brushed aside the comment before speaking up again.

I looked to my right and noticed that Remus was being quieter than usual, and he looked even more pale. I took his hand under the table.

"Rem? Are you okay?" He looked up at me and I could see the dark bags under his eyes. He looked up to make sure the other boys were distracted before whispering. "Yes, just the full moon is in only four days." My eyes widened at what he said. We haven't been here for a week and his first transformation is already so close? "When?" "Sunday."

I didn't ask anymore questions and we spent the rest of the time talking and laughing with the other three boys until breakfast was over and it was time for us to get to class.

The rest of the week flew by. I had all my classes with Alice, and some with Lily and the boys. The more time me and Alice the more inseparable we started to become, we spent our free time doing homework in our common room or relaxing in the castle grounds outside, and sometimes we ate with the Gryffindors, the two of us acting as a barrier between the boys, my sister and Marlene, because for some reason they couldn't stand each other.

Monday came and as I was eating breakfast chatting with Alice I saw the boys sitting at the table across the hall. The three of them were messing around and laughing, one clearly missing. I needed to come with an excuse so I could go visit him at the hospital wing. "Alice I'm feeling kind of light-headed, so I'm going to the hospital wing." "Oh do you want me to come with you?" "No it's fine but could you tell professor Slughorn I might not make it to class."  "Yeah of course."

I stood up and started walking to the hospital wing. I have only been here for a week and a lot has happened. I had made new friends who didn't have anything to do with Lily. Sirius now looked more open and happy, and Remus had already transformed for the first time since we arrived.

I opened the big wooden doors and peeked inside. There were rows of perfectly made, white beds, and in one of them I could see Remus laying down, he was the only one here. I closed the door as quietly as possible and started walking towards his bed. When I was close enough the sight broke my heart.

He had three new scratches running down from one side of his face to the other, his arms and legs just like the last time I saw them, were bruised and bandaged. I sat down on the bed beside him when I saw the med witch walking in. "Oh dear you can't be here." "Please can I just stay until he wakes up?" She seemed hesitant but allowed it nonetheless.

After a few minutes he started to stir and opened his eyes. "Prim, what are you doing here?" "You didn't think I would forget you, did you?" "But you're going to miss class." "Oh shush you are my best friend, you're far more important." After the both of us stubbornly discussed if I should stay or not, we finally agreed I would stay until the first period is over, and return to class with the promise of taking notes for him of the classes we shared.

Until it was time for me to go back, we talked and laughed until eventually Madame Pomfrey shooed me out of the hospital wing. As I walked to Transfiguration, I could only think of Remus, how painful and how lonely all of this must be for him, and so I decided here and now, I am not stopping until I find a way to help him, or at least be there for him.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.