Fourth Year 1975

Chapter Twenty Eight

"Come on, you have to tell me how you did it!" Alice begged for what was like the hundredth time since our sleepover started. "I already told you. I can't tell you about something I didn't do." She groaned before answering. "That is utter bullshit and you know it." I gasped with mockery and hit her with a pillow. "Since when do you use such foul words Miss. Fortescue?" I tried saying in my best Minnie impression. She smirked and answered. "Maybe hanging with an older lad has been rubbing off?" I laughed. "Oh Alice, Frank may be older but I doubt it was him who taught you that." "Oi leave him alone." "I'm sorry for messing with your prince charming." I said laughing. Her cheeks turned red and she smacked me with her pillow, which only made us laugh harder. Thankfully we were smart enough to pull close the drapes on my bed and put on a silencing charm to avoid waking up our roommates with how loud we were being.

"Speaking of older lads..." She drawled on sitting back up again looking me in the eye. "How are things with Amos?" Now my cheeks were the ones turning red. "They're nice, he's nice." "Nice?" Alice asked, wiggling her eyebrows. "Well... I really like him. He's funny, and kind and thoughtful. He sent me a Chritsmas gift, which I feel incredibly guilty about since I didn't get him one, and today he gave me a single sunflower and wished me a happy birthday." Alice sequeled. "Oh my Merlin, that is utterly and completely adorable." I shoved her. "Oh shut up."

We spent the rest of the night gossiping and laughing. Thankfully tomorrow was Friday which meant only one more day of classes before the weekend.

****

I was running late for class. We fell asleep quite late last night and I had failed to notice when Alice left our dorm. I had already missed the first class so instead I opted for arriving on time for the next one. As I walked past a classroom I bore witness to the glorious sight of one James Potter being once again rejected.

He walked backwards out the room while a very angry red hair threw a book at him he barely missed. "How many times do I have to tell you Potter? No means NO!" "Wait, my Lily Flower!" She just ignored him and walked away.

Hearing my laugh he turned around. "She'll say yes eventually." I caught up with him. "Keep telling yourself that Prongs." We started walking together since our next class was the same. "What is with you Evans women being such pessimists?" "It's not being a pessimist when in fact it's just being realistic." He rolled his eyes. "Mark my words. I'm going to marry that girl."

Changing the subject I ask. "Where are the rest of the lads?" "Well Moony and Wormtail left me behind saying they didn't want to witness what would probably be my tenth book to the back of my head this week." I did have to say, James Potter was no quitter. "And Padfoot, well he ate breakfast with us, left saying he forgot something back in our dorm, but never made it to class."

"Potter! Evans!" A frantic looking Regulus was running towards us. "Thank Merlin I found you. Quick you must come with me." We turned to look at eachother with a confused look. Why would the younger Black be looking for us? He said nothing but four simple words. "It is an emergency." I instantly thought Sirius was having a panic attack like the last time so no questions asked I followed him. "What is it? Is he all right?" I asked. James had also started to follow us.

"Wait, hold on. What is going on?" Without stopping Regulus turned around. "It's Sirius, he's injured pretty badly. He needs help." I felt my heart skip a beat. All kinds of horrible scenarios running through my mind. James stopped dead in his tracks and screamed. "What do you mean injured?! Are you serious?!" Regulus turned to look at him grinning, and without skipping a beat he answered pointing to his side. "No he is." And then Sirius Black's figure stumbled out from behind a knight's armour bending over in laughter. My emotions ran from worry, to relief seeing he was okay, to anger for their stupid joke, and surprise at seeing the younger Black laughing. The few times I had seen him around the castle he always seemed so calm and collected, like the perfect pure blood.

I don't know whether to laugh or to berate Sirius for almost giving us a heart attack, but it seems mama hen James Potter had that covered. "Sirius Black! What were you thinking? You almost gave me a heart attack, what if it had been true? Making jokes about being hurt is serious." I could see a faint smirk forming on Sirius's face before James continued. "Don't you even think about it." No one said anything for a few seconds before eventually the four of us started laughing.

"Don't take it to heart Prongsie, it was only a joke." James playfully rolled his eyes, shoving his best friend's arm off his shoulder. He then turned to look at me. "What about you Paws? Did you find it funny?" I didn't say anything and punched his arm, making James and Regulus laugh even more. "Ow! What was that for?" He said rubbing his arm where I hit him. "Oh I don't know Pads. Maybe for almost making me believe you were dying!" "Oh cut it off you two, don't be so dramatic. It wasn't that bad." "Said the drama queen." Regulus interjected.

Sirius turned sharply to look at his brother gasping. "Reggie, how could you do this? I thought you were on my side." He gave him a deadpanned look. "You're only proving my point further Sirius. In fact all of you are overly dramatic." Sirius huffed, muttering under his breath. "I'm not a drama queen." "Keep telling yourself that Pads." "You're not safe either puppy, you heard him. You're quite the drama queen yourself." He said putting his arm around my shoulder. "I'm not." "You are." "Not." "Are." "Merlin both of you are, now stop bickering, we're going to be late for class." Once again mamma hen James was showing. Sirius looked at his brother. "Same time tomorrow?" Regulus only nodded before walking away.

The three of us made our way toward our own class when Sirius suddenly halted. "Padfoot?" James asked, looking back at him. The sudden realisation that his best friend had seen him talking with his brother, revealing a secret he hadn't planned on, struck him. He wondered why James wasn't losing his mind. "Yeah I... I just thought you would freak out about who I was with." James laughed. "Oh come on Padfoot, it is just Regulus, your brother." He said, emphasising the word brother. "And I'll have you know, I'm not that daft I've actually known for quite some time now. You have been disappearing from time to time since the first year, it only took me a while to figure out why. I'm more surprised about Paw's calmness."

I gave him a shy smile. "Well, I've actually known about it since first year." James's eyes widened in shock. "What! You told her before me? Sirius, how could you? The betrayal!" Sirius rolled his eyes. "It was more like she accidentally found out Prongs. I never told her." "Still." "Don't be jealous Prongsie you're still my number one." He said ruffling his curly hair. "I better be." I rolled my eyes. Merlin Regulus is right, we were all just a bunch of overly dramatic friends, except maybe Peter and Remus. I smiled at the sight. Sirius's arm over James's shoulder as they walked away, while probably scheming their next prank.

We arrived at the classroom to see Peter and Remus laughing goofing around, they turned to look at us. "So which book was it this time?" Remus asked. James huffed sitting down. "History of magic." Peter looked surprised. "How can you possibly know?" He smiled fondly, at the memory of being attacked with a flying book. Why? I couldn't understand. "Because Wormtail, it's always the heavy ones."

A/N

I'm sorry for the one month it took me  to give you an update I've just been busy with school. If you're still here I appreciate your patience and hope you like this chapter.

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.