Third Year 1973

Chapter Twelve

No matter how many times I had been standing on Platform 9 ¾, I could never get used to the magic that surrounded it. Everytime felt special, and every time new memories were made here. Despite Lily agreeing that she would sit with us this year she easily let Snivellus pull her away, she gave me an apologetic smile when she said he would be sitting alone, and knew better than to offer me to sit with them.

Remus had gotten considerably taller over the summer, while he always was a few centimeters taller than me he now stood several of them high over me. We walked over to the train and before I could step on it I got tackled into a huge bear hug with my face pressed on someone's chest. With a lot of force I pushed back to see who it was, James. He too had gotten taller.

"It's so great to see you again Prim." While I was usually the one messing up his hair this time it was the other way around. "Oi stop doing that, you're going to mess up my hair." I said pushing him away without being able to hold back my laughter. "How was your summer James?" Asked Remus. "It was amazing, I played quidditch with my father most of the time. We almost gave my mum a heart attack." He said laughing.

"What about you lads?" "Well we managed to avoid spending time with Snivellus, oh and my parents took us to London where we walked through Penny Lane, just like The Beatles song." "The what? I thought insects in your world couldn't talk, let alone sing." Said James, with a look of utter confusion on his face. "You don't know who The Beatles are?" I almost gave myself whiplash turning to look at him. "Should I?"

"You boys are going to need some serious muggle classes. We'll start with the Beatles, Queen, Elton John." I kept talking under my breath as I got on the train. James turned to look at Remus with a surprised look. "Should I be worried?" Remus shook his head and laughed. "She's going to try to fill you in all about the muggle world she loves." He said as both of them walked after me into the train.

When we reached the compartment Peter was already sitting there. "Oh you're here I thought you were going to leave me hanging." He said giving me a hug. "Why would we do that Peter, we're your friends." "Right, I don't know, I'm sorry." "There's no need to apologize mate, it's okay." James said, giving him a pat on the back. Both him and Remus easily put their luggage in the top racks, and then it was my turn.

I could feel the three of them holding their laughter as I tried to put away my luggage, while Peter wasn't as tall as James or Remus, he too had grown. "Do you need help, Prim?" I turned to glare at Remus. "No I don't, I can do this by myself." He put his hands up in surrender. "If you say so." Finally after having to climb on top of the seats I was able to put my trunk on the rack.

I plopped back down and saw the boys giving me an amused look. "Don't say anything." They all stood in silence until James burst out laughing. The train started moving and James hurled forwards landing on me still laughing. I playfully hit his back. "Stop laughing James." "I'm sorry, it's just you looked so funny, you're so short." I pushed him off me. "And you're heavy." "Oi that was rude." "You asked for it."

We all settled on our seats and the train made its way towards Hogwarts. Peter was quietly looking at the mountains passing by through the window, Remus was next to him reading a book. I was laying my head on James's shoulder, eating one of the cookies that Peter brought, while he cleaned his glasses. "Did any of you see Sirius at the train station?" James put his glasses back on, Remus closed his book and Peter turned to look at me. All of them shook their heads no.

"I'm sure he's fine Prim, you really need to stop worrying so much." Remus said, putting a hand on my knee. "Why don't you worry about us so much, do you have a crush on Sirius?" James said, nudging me with his shoulder. "First of all, of course not, and secondly because you're right here and unlike Sirius I did hear from you during summer." "Don't worry Prim, as soon as we arrive I'm sure we'll see him." Peter added, maybe they were right, maybe I was just overthinking, but I couldn't help it.

Soon we arrived at Hogwarts and like last year we were taken to the castle in the carriages. We crossed the entrance and made our way to the Great Hall where the sorting ceremony will take place. I said goodbye to the boys and went to sit with Alice at my house table.

"Alice, it's so great to see you." I said, giving her the biggest hug. "You too. Are you ready for this year? It's going to be wonderful. We get to choose two of our classes AND we get to go to Hogsmeade." She had the biggest smile on her face.

I remember the permission slip that came with the supplies list this year. It was the first thing we showed our parents the second the owl arrived. Alice had told me about the magical village and I couldn't wait to see it.

"Which classes are you choosing?" "That's easy, Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies." She gave me a funny look. "But you're muggle born." "Exactly it will be the easiest class ever, plus the boys and I agreed we will all take it together." She rolled her eyes, and just then the storing was over so we could start eating. I gave one last look towards the Gryffindor table and let an unintentional sigh of relief seeing Sirius sitting down with them.

****

Since we arrived on Saturday we still had one more day before classes started, so I was going to make the best of it and enjoy my last seconds of sleep. Unfortunately Alice had other plans and she practically dragged me to the Great Hall so we could have breakfast. I was still rubbing the sleep of my eyes when I got pulled into a hug for the second time in less than two days.

"Prim! I missed you so much, you have no idea how boring summer was." There was only one person who could it be, Sirius. "I missed you too Sirius." I said pulling back. "I didn't hear from you all summer, I was worried." I looked at him, he had also gotten taller. Merlin, what kind of magic do they feed to these boys? His hair had grown a little, and as always he had the most charming smile on his face.

"Sorry for not writing, my mother wouldn't allow me to." "You know, she didn't worry about us that much." James said from my side so I elbowed him in the ribs and gave him a death glare. "Oh really? Then I'm flattered you worry so much." He said, flashing me a smile.

I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks, and butterflies fluttered in my stomach, it was here and now that I realized something. Bloody James Potter was right, I officially had a crush on Sirius Black, but there was no way I would let him, or anyone else figure it out.

Thankfully Lily arrived sparing me from any awkwardness. "Hey Prim, boys." She said barely even acknowledging them. "Evans, did you get prettier over the summer?" I turned to look at James with the most confused expression ever. Lily just scoffed at him and rolled her eyes.

"I came to give you your tie, we must have switched them when we were packing." She said, handing me the blue and white tie. "Oh thank you Lils. I'll look for yours and give it to you later." "I'll come by to your common room later in the day." She smiled at me and walked away. James kept looking at her like a love sick puppy until I hit his arm.

"Seriously James." "Ow! Why would you do that?" He asked, rubbing his arm. "Maybe the, 'did you get prettier over the summer' question." Mocked Remus, James' cheeks turned red. "Do you have a crush on my sister James?" "What, of course not." We all gave him a bored look. "Fine, maybe I do. "Unbelievable. And just so you know I did get prettier, thanks for noticing." I joked. "Of course you did." Sirius said not missing a chance to be his overly charming self, and now it was my turn to feel embarrassed.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.