Forth Year 1974

Chapter Twenty Two

I walked back into my common room and was instantly bombarded with questions by Alice. "Where the bloody hell have you been all night? I was worried that you would get in trouble or worse. You never came to sleep." "Alice dear don't worry, the boys needed my help and I couldn't say no." "You could've at least told me." "I'm sorry. I promise I will next time." She nodded and both of us went to get ready for the day.

It had been a long day full of classes and I was now enjoying some free time with Alice. Remus was still in the hospital wing and the boys had gone to keep him some company. "Hello Alice." I looked up from the book I was reading, there in front of us was a tall, brunette boy with a big smile. I turned to look at my friend whose cheeks had turned slightly pink. "Hello Frank." So this was the famous Frank Longbottom. The boy nervously looked at his feet and fiddled with his fingers. "I uh, I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the next Hogsmeade visit?"

I was trying so hard to contain my squeal. "I would love to." Both of them smiled before he spoke again. "Great, well then goodbye." She waved at him while he walked away, he almost fell over a student for not looking where he was going. 

As soon as he was out of sight I let it out. "Oh my Merlin! Alice, your first date, how exciting!" "I know! I can't believe it." "We need to find you the perfect outfit, and then your hair and..." She interrupted me. "For someone who was against making future wedding plans you sure are excited." "Oh shush, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and besides I was only against it because you were planning it with Sirius, something we both know will never happen." "You never know." We both laughed before she spoke again. "But what about you?" I looked at her confused. "What about me?" "Well we said we were going to the next visit together." "Don't worry about me you idiot, I'll go with the boys there will be plenty more weekends for us to go together."

After a little more time of hanging out with Alice and planning the last detail for her first day, we went back to Ravenclaw Tower where I dropped my bag and took my record player and vinyls instead. We still had a few hours before dinner and I had promised the boys I would show them all the wonders of muggle music.

Walking down to the hospital wing I couldn't stop thinking about Alice and her date. It made me wonder what it would feel like to be asked out by the boy you fancy. I know that will never happen to me, at least not with Sirius, maybe it was time to forget my silly crush on one of my best friends and meet someone new.

When I arrived at the hospital wing the door opened and I heard someone shouting. "See you next week Madam Pomfrey!" "Thank you for your help dear!" A boy was walking out of the room and stopped before crashing into me. He had brown hair, hazel eyes and was wearing a black and yellow tie. He seemed familiar but definitely older.

He looked at me one time before turning back to the room and shouting. "Oi Potter and company, Evans is here to see you!" I looked at him confused. "You know who I am?" "Who doesn't? The only girl crazy enough to be friends with those lads, and the fiery red hair it's not easy to miss." He then leaned closer and said. "And just between us, I think you're the prettier twin." I blushed at his words and smiled, this seemed to amuse him.

"I'm Amos, Diggory." When he said his name I recognized him, he indeed was older, one year above us in fact. "Oh you're in the Hufflepuff quidditch team right?" He smiled. "One of the chasers." "Well I'm Primrose, but everyone calls me Prim." Just then Peter, James and Sirius arrived.

"Lily flower!" Was the first thing James said before noticing it was just me. "Oh it's you." "Why thank you Prongs, it's nice to see you too." Amos, who was still standing there, laughed. "Sassy and pretty." He said, which made me blush again. That last comment made Sirius's stomach turn and he wasn't sure why. Shaking his head and putting that feeling aside he put his arm around me.

"Thanks for the heads up Diggory, now if you don't mind we have much to do and little time." Pulling me inside with him Sirius started walking up to Remus's bed. "But Padfoot, wait..." He ignored me and kept walking. I looked over Sirius's arm to see Amos walking out. "Nice meeting you Amos." "You as well Prim!" This just made Sirius walk faster.

"Padfoot what is the rush, slow down." He did slow down but not without making a joke. "Aw puppy. Can't keep up with your short little legs?" I rolled my eyes and punched him in the arm. "One, it is not my fault that all of you are so freakishly tall, and two I told you to stop calling me that." He laughed. "Maybe you're just too short, and I like calling you that. It's funny seeing you scrunch up your nose and furrow your eyebrows every time I do." I rolled my eyes and we stopped at the foot of Remus's bed.

"How are you feeling Moony?" I asked setting the things I was carrying on the bed and sit on it by his feet. Despite being all torn up he smiled. "Little bit sore, but alright all things considered. Now what's all this?" By now the rest of the boys had also sat down around the bed. "Oh this. Well I promised the boys I would teach them all about the muggle world. First lesson: music."

We spent the next few hours listening to all my vinyls, we were having so much fun we completely lost track of time, we even missed dinner but Madam Pomfrey kindly brought us all something to eat. By the end, each of us had made clear who is their favourite artist.

For me it was the Beatles, for Peter it was Elton John, Remus loved David Bowie, Sirius's head almost exploded when he heard Queen, and James's favourite was ABBA. I actually think each personal favourite fit right into our personalities, though James wouldn't hear the end of Sirius's constant teasing.

"Really Prongs, who knew you like girly songs." He said between fits of laughter. "They're not girly! I just have better taste than you Padfoot." He said proudly, which just made Sirius laugh harder. "Keep telling yourself that mate." Our fun was interrupted by Madam Pomfrey. "I'm sorry dearies it's time for you to go, Remus darling you can leave too." We all thanked her and grabbed our stuff heading out. "Oh before I forget. I'm coming with you guys on the next Hogsmeade trip." "I thought you were going with Alice." "I was Wormtail, but that was before she got asked out on a date." "Oh."

We walked together until it was time for us to split ways. "Well boys I guess this is it. See you tomorrow." All boys responded in a chorus of goodbyes except Sirius. "I'll walk you." We all turned to look at him surprised, he looked surprised himself. "Padfoot there's no need, it's almost curfew you might get caught." "Since when do we care about following the rules? Come on, I'm still not tired." I sighed. "Fine but if you get caught it is entirely your own fault." He grinned. I turned to look at the others. "Anyone else?" All three shook their heads.

So now I was walking back to my common room with Sirius. We walked in complete silence, but neither of us felt the need to fill it. After a while we stood in front of the door before I could say anything Sirius spoke. "Thank you Prim." "Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" He laughed. "What are you thanking me for anyway?" He looked to the floor before looking back up. "Last year. When I had a panic attack, I never really thanked you for helping." "Oh Padfoot."

"I thought that if I acted as if it never happened it would make it go away, but I can never really seem to stop thinking about it." As soon as he stopped talking I hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around me, and we stayed like that for a little while until I pulled back. "You don't have to thank me Sirius, and if you ever need my help again you can always ask me. Okay?" He gave me a small smile. "I promise I will."

"It's been a lovely night Padfoot, but I do need my beauty sleep." "I don't think that will fix anything." He laughed. "Oh shut up." "Goodnight Paws." "Goodnight Padfoot." He grinned and turned into the black dog. I rolled my eyes and turned to the door, when I heard whining. "Oh you big baby." I walked up to him before scratching behind his ear making his tail wiggle side to side. "Happy?" He gave me the dog version of a grin. "Now go back to your common room before anyone sees you." Giving my hand a lick he walked away. I smiled before entering my common room.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.