Third Year 1973-1974

Chapter Seventeen

November's full moon had already passed so there wasn't enough time before the holidays for me to even start with the animagus process. Things with Remus were still tense, and everyone could see how neither of us were as happy as before the fight. James, Sirius, Peter and even Alice had tried to get us to talk, or rather him to talk to me, but their attempts were futile.

This year I had decided to sit with Alice and a few other Ravenclaws in our year on the train back home, but no matter how friendly and nice they could be, nothing compares to the energetic and lively atmosphere that seemed to follow those four boys around. Remus would never admit it out loud, at least not now, but he did miss his best friend dearly and the cheerful sound of laughter that would follow her around.

Once we arrived at King Cross station I made my way over to where James told me we should meet before we left. There I saw three boys, and a couple who it was obvious from miles away, were James's parents. As I approached them I heard James yell. "There she is!" Everyone turned to look at me and I hurried my step to avoid the looks of everyone else at his loud exclamation.

I stood in front of James's parents and looked up at them. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Potter, my name is Primrose Evans." James was a carbon copy of his father. Same flop of messy brown hair, and glasses, but his smile was definitely from his mother. She had the warmest and kindest smile I had ever seen. "Oh dear, call me Euphemia, or Mia if you prefer." She said." "You can call me Fleamont." I returned the smile and nodded. "Very well then if that's everybody we shall leave now." Said James's father.

Euphemia walked over to me. "Hold my hand dear." I shyly held her hand. "Hang tight to your trunk okay?" I nodded and turned to look at everybody else. James and Sirius were grinning, each holding one of Fleamont's hands, and their trunks in the other. I looked at Peter holding Euphemia's other hand. He smiled back before saying. "You should keep your eyes closed."

Before I could ask why I felt the ground beneath me disappeared. It felt as if I was being pulled, twisted and dragged all at the same time. I did close my eyes to avoid the feeling of uneasiness that overcame me. As soon as I felt the hard ground under my feet it took a few seconds for me to catch my breath. "What just happened?" "It's called Apparating." Sirius said amusedly at my dazed face. "I think I'll stick to traveling by car." I heard a low chuckle beside me. "It must be your first time, come inside and I'll make you some tea to ease your stomach." I turned to my side to see James's mum. "Boys, could you carry the bags inside?" She didn't wait for an answer before she started walking.

Following her I was in awe at the big house, more like a mansion that stood before me. James wasn't lying when he said his parents were very rich. No doubt he's always wanting us to come over. It must get lonely being an only child.

****We have only been here for two days and there's already so much we have done

****
We have only been here for two days and there's already so much we have done. James wasn't lying about the quidditch pitch in his backyard, we had spent hours playing, well more like the boys had after realizing the first few minutes that it wasn't really my thing. So instead I spent that time with Euphemia. She is such a lovely woman. We went shopping, we cooked, we baked, we talked about so many things, and she made me laugh so hard. I see now where James gets his humor. I did of course spend time with the boys as well, snowball fights, building snowmen, sliding down the small hill, there was only one thing missing, Remus.

After a long day outside Fleamont had called us in for dinner. We had gone to our rooms to change our clothes since the previous ones were soaked in snow. As we went down the stairs laughing and racing to who could get there the fastest Sirius accidentally knocked down a flower vase, shattering it into a million pieces.

He frantically started to pick up the pieces cutting his hand, at the same time Euphemia, who was in the kitchen, came rushing. All of us froze and Sirius held his hand behind his back. "What happened?" I turned to look at Sirius. He had the most scared look on his face. "It was me, I'm sorry Mia, I didn't see it." She smiled at me before turning back at Sirius, who's hand was starting to drip blood on the white marble floor.

Without saying anything she reached to grab Sirius's hand, I didn't fail to notice his flinching. Was that what he was referring to about things getting worse? Did his mother hit him? "It's alright dear, it was just an accident. Let's clean you up." She took Sirius's hand and took him to the kitchen, the rest of us following.

"It's all right Sirius, tell me does it hurt?" She asked as she was cleaning him, he just shook his head. "It was nice of you to take the blame, Prim." Peter suddenly said. "It was nothing besides it could've been any of us." I looked up to see Sirius who was giving me a grateful smile.

"All done. Now who's hungry?" James was the first to raise his hand, yelling 'me' before running to take his seat at the table. As we all sat down James's dad asked. "What was that noise earlier?" Sirius once again looked down avoiding eye contact. "Oh nothing, you know these little troublemakers, always running around." Sirius looked back up again with the widest smile that nothing could erase.

The next morning we were eating breakfast when the doorbell rang. One of the house elves went to open the door, letting whoever was on the other side in. "Our last guest must be arriving." We all turned to look at Euphemia, who was grinning. At the sound of someone clearing their throat we all turned to look at where it came from.

There, standing in the doorway to the dining room stood Remus. "Are you serious?!" Was the first thing James said. Without missing a beat Remus smiled and answered. "No I'm Remus, he's Sirius." He said pointing to our raven haired friend. James laughed before standing up and pulling him into a hug. I was the only one who didn't rush up to greet him. While I did in fact was very excited to see him I didn't know if he felt the same. He looked at me and smiled.

After he left his things in his room we all went outside to find a new adventure. Peter, James and Sirius were arguing over who could make the best snow angel when Remus slowly walked up to me. "Hi Prim." "Hello Rem." Neither of us said anything until he spoke.

"I was thinking maybe I should've just let you explain. It's just you were the first friend I ever made, my best friend in fact. I'm constantly afraid that one day you'll decide I'm too dangerous for us to be friends, them too." He gestured to the other three boys, just as Peter shoved a fistfull of snow into James's face, starting yet again another snowball fight.

"Remus you idiot. You should know by now that I would never do that." "Then why, why were you reading so much about werewolves." "For you Remus." He gave me a confused look, and I rolled my eyes before continuing. "That summer you told me about being a werewolf the only thing I could think of was how unfair all of this is. How could it be that my best friend, one of the most amazing and kindest people I could ever meet, thought himself a monster?" I said in a whisper and looked up to see him with sadness in his eyes.

"Then we came to Hogwarts and I remembered seeing how crushed you were back in first year about missing Sirius's birthday and then thinking how many more things you would miss because of your situation. So I decided then and there that I would find a way to help no matter what. So I spent every second I could spare reading about werewolves, but just like you said there wasn't a cure." He just looked at me before giving me the most bone crushing hug.

"Oh Merlin, Prim, you really are the best friend ever. I'm sorry." I laughed. "It's okay Rem. Just promise to remember that I will never leave, not now, not ever." He smiled and our moment was interrupted by Sirius throwing a snowball our way. "Oi are you coming or not." We laughed before grabbing a snowball and joining the fun.

The rest of the holidays were amazing, my parents and Lily had sent me a present and a letter on Christmas Eve, which I returned, and Fleamont and Euphemia Potter gave each of us a gift. They are truly some of the kindest people I have ever met.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.