Fifth Year 1976

Chapter Forty Three

After we broke the kiss we stood there, foreheads touching, our heavy breathing filling the otherwise silent hallway. Just as I was about to say something he pulled back. His hands left my face, and I opened my eyes to look at him. He was looking at me as if he was seeing a ghost for the first time. "Sirius?" I asked, curious to his sudden change in behaviour. He opened and closed his mouth as if he was going to speak, and then suddenly he was running away.

I stood there dazed, looking at where he was standing just seconds ago, processing everything that had just happened. Had I really just kissed Sirius Black. I started walking, no destination. Part of me knew I had to go to my next class, the other just felt numb. It had taken a few seconds for my brain to catch up but then it hit me. He fucking left.

I didn't hear the person calling my name until I felt a hand on my shoulder. Stopping in my tracks I turned around to see who the hand belonged to. It was Remus.

"Prim, are you alright?" I turned to look at him absolutely livid. "I'm doing fucking fantastic." I replied in the most sarcastic tone ever. Remus just looked at me before grabbing my hand. "Come on, let's go." I let him pull me, to whatever place he had in mind.

We stopped in front of a door I didn't recognize, and I followed in after Remus opened it. "We're in the prefects lavatory, no one will find us here." He said after noticing my confusion. "Now will you tell me what happened?" and so I did.

I told him everything from Sirius's cornering me, the arguing, the shouting, and finally the kiss and what he had done after. He never once interrupted while I was talking. Not once did he give me a sign as to what he was thinking. He took all in and then he spoke.

"Don't move. I'm going to look for Alice." After a while he came back with Alice in tow. "Alright so what's it going to be?"Alice exclaimed walking in. I looked at her confused. "You know, chop his dick off?" I laughed, guessing Remus told her. Then her face lit up. "I have an even better idea. Shave off all his hair. I bet that would hurt him a lot more." I kept laughing as Alice kept spewing preposterous ways to 'make him pay'. "How do you feel about arson?" She gave me a cheeky smile.

"NO!" Remus yelled. "You stay here and I don't know, keep having your girl talk and let me deal with it." In all honesty with every new idea Alice came up with he grew a little worried that we might actually end up murdering him.

Although Remus's plans for Sirius weren't that much different. As he angrily walked the halls of the castle, every single person moved out of his way. No one had ever seen Remus Lupin this mad, and if his whole stance radiated anger then something must be truly wrong.

When he finally reached his common room, he saw only Peter and James. "Where is he? I'm going to fucking kill him." He asked fuming. "Who?" Peter asked and just then the person he was looking for walked in. Sirius cautiously walked up to him. "Moony, before you do anything let me —" but Sirius was interrupted by a right hook straight to the face. "Moony what the hell?" Shouted James, but Remus ignored him lunging for his friend. "You fucking dickhead!" Remus yelled at him as he was being pulled away by the other two.

"Alright I deserve it." Sirius said standing up, cradling his face. "You deserve a lot worse!" Remus spat, lunging again but James stopped him once more. "Can you tell us what the fuck is going on?" James asked. "Will you tell them or should I?" Remus asked Sirius, who only looked at the ground in shame. "Tell us what?" Peter asked. "This fucking dickhead kissed Prim and then ran like a fucking coward." The angrier he got, the more prominent Remus's Welsh accent came to the surface.

"You kissed her?" "You ran away?" James and Peter asked simultaneously. "Why the fuck will you do something like that Padfoot?!" Peter exclaimed. Sirius looked at his friends. "I don't know!" He yelled and Remes scoffed. "You'll need a much better explanation than 'I don't know' if you want to keep all your teeth." Remus snarled.